cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import a customised .sca into NWDI as a SC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Guys.

I developed several dcs in local development. I exported it as a .sca file and deployed it to my server with JSPM.

Now I want to use it as a SC in my new nwdi track, but I cound`t find it when I tried to add dependentcy in CMS.

Can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks a lot.

PS: my server is CE72.

BR.

Louis Huang.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to define your SC in the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pascal.

Thanks for your help.

I have created the SC with the same name as my cutomized sc and added it into the existing track.

So in sld, I can see two SCs inside the product, but in CMS it didn`t sync with sld.

I tried to add it to the track in CMS manuelly, but I couldn`t find the sc whick I created in sld.

Did I miss something ?

BR.

Louis Huang.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pascal.

I did update CMS and got the SC which I created in SLD.

But when I imported it from nwdi into nwds, I couldn`t find out my dc project.

The SC which I created in SLD seems not related to the .sca file which I deployed.

How can I move my dc project in .sca file into the SC which I created? Thanks again.

BR.

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

I guess you want to know "how to migrate local NWDS projects to the NWDI". For that, please refer to this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/c81ebbd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

(You can also find the same info from the link Pascal provided).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dao.

Thanks for your help, but it`s not what I am looking for.

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

I believe you'd need to migrate your local NWDS projects to the NWDI so that your source codes are stored in the DTR then you'll be able to see your DCs and import the Dev. Conf. from the DTR to your NWDS. If that's not what you want, sorry I misunderstood your query

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your SCA contains build archives, you can use the Check-In tab in CMS Transport Studio (note that your SCA must be present in the CMS/inbox folder on the server's filesystem) to make it available for import into the Development stage.

If your SCA does not contain any build archives, Dao's suggestion is the only way to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more tip: I (we?) get the feeling you're asking questions without doing your own research/investigation. Please try to do this first next time.

Kind regards,

Pascal

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Pascal, for the clarification

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dao.

Moving local dc into NWDI is really not what I am looking for.

I developed the some dc projects locally and I exported those dc programs into a SC(.sca).

And I am looking for how to put this SC into a track directly without using the way like create a dc and copy source code.

But I failed, I couldn`t load my .sca file into a new SC. So I migrated my projects in your way.

Thanks for your help.

BR.

Louis Huang.

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Glad to hear that it helped ... even though it was not exactly what you were looking for

Cheers,

Dao

Answers (0)