cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Suppose we cannot login into the server directly we use ssh to login from a different server.Like that do we have any option in SAP so that we can login remotely.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean without SAP GUI?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

I meant sapgui.I remember there is a function module from which we can login.Thanks.

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you log on to your server via SSH and when you try to start SAPGUi you get an error (like: not able to connect to windows:0)?

If so: configure the SSH connection to forward the desktop, so that the SAPGui opens in you local desktop and not the remote one.

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually my question is that suppose i want to login into a sap system XYZ through a system abc.How do i do it.Just the RFC should be enough or else something more is required.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can log on to SAP system using SAPGui or SAP WebGui only....

If I am not wrong, there is no other way to access system as a normal SAP user...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if my system is not configured in SAP GUI and i want to login through another server is that possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simple answer "NO"...

Login from one server to another using RFC is possible. But not sure what tasks you need to perform on target server...

If you have configured and enabled SAP WebGui on SAP server. You can access SAP using web browser and without installing SAPGui or any client..

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can that be possible when one clicks on the remote logon in the rfc connection you can login into another box.Am i missing something.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

Actually, the simple answer is not no (apologize for the double-negative), and your intuition is correct. A SM59 connection will pass the logon credentials in the "Logon & Security" tab or present you with a logon screen if none is confgured. Using "Remote Logon" will then take you to the target system and if this user is ALSO defined in the target system then, viola, you are in as that user.

Obviously a security risk and why careful configuration of SM59 connections is critical.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

You login to the SAP server through GUI remotely only... What else you are looking for ?

Regards,

Sanujit