cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCS Instance - enque/table_size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We need to adjust the parameter enque/table_size in our J2EE system. How can we define it in the SCS instance? We have already adjusted the parameter for the ABAP stack in RZ10. We have yet to adjust the parameter for the JAVA stack? How can we do this? Are we on the right track in SCS, or can we use exchange profile for this?

Much appreciated, Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Xavier,

enque/table_size is defined in the instance profile where the enqueue server is. You can define it directly in the instance profile by editing the file.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca, where can i find this file? Thanks!

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can define it directly in the instance profile by editing the file.

If your system is running you should do parameter changes via RZ10 to keep it consistent. RZ10 will write into the instance profile.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi juan,

we have already done that, changing the parameter in rz10. but problem with that is only the abap stack (ascs) was updated. how about the java stack (scs)?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Nice to hear that good news and thank you for the points

Have a nice day,

Blanca

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is the value you see in the rsparam?

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Blanca! all we needed was a reboot. stop sap did not work. I have awarded you 10 points. thanks again!

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you mean that after changing the profile by editing the file and make a system restart the values of the profile file have been changed? Can you please then check the name of the profile and be sure that from RZ10 you did not change and activate that same profile?

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

value of enque_table_size in Rz10 is correct. it is now 32000. but in java, profile parameter is still 4000. we have already done a stop /start sap..

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As explained in my latest answers, in the java stack the parameter is set directly in the instance profile where the enqueue server is.

Regards,

Blanca

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres a good explanation for standalone enque in Note 920979 if related

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi blanca..

after checking the profile parameters in java, we found out that the changes we made in the instance profile did not work. we set 20000 in the file but after the restart, the profile_parameters in the java was still 4000..

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can find the profile files under /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try to take a look. thanks!