cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect to DSO from universe Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a connection to SAP BW, but im finding only infocubes in the catalog there are no DSO and other infoproviders appearing in the list.

Because of this i am able to create universe only with Infocubes (no DSO's). Can any one suggest me is there any other process to connect to DSO for creating universe through Designer.

Thanks,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

From the "Using SAP BW in Universe Designer£ guide:

When creating an OLAP universe based on an SAP BW (Business Warehouse) data source, you can build the universe based directly on an InfoCube/MultiCube, or based on a BW Query enabled on top of any InfoProvider. An InfoProvider can be:

u2022 an InfoCube

u2022 a MultiCube or Multi-InfoProvider

u2022 an Operational Data Store (ODS)

u2022 an InfoSet

You could also use Data Federator which you can check out at:

Regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

But when i try to create the connection through (Designer -> tools -> connection -> add), only infocubes, mulitproviders are lsited in the catalog and no DSO, master data infoobjects..

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

That is exactly what it says. You need to create a Bex Query (don't forget to release it externally) on top of the other Info providers that are not Infocubes or Multicubes

Regards

Roland

Edited by: Roland Hoeller on Jul 20, 2010 9:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create a BW query (enable external access) on top of your DSo,then you could able to create connection .As per the fucntionality you can create direct connection only on infocubes/Multiproviders.Rest all requires BW query as standard interface to be able to connect with universe designer.

Reagrds,

Swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot, how the BW currency translation types are be identified in BO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, the recommended path to access DSO with universes is to use Data Federator.

With DFederator, the OLAP engine is bypassed (this is not useful for accessing DSO) and of course it provides the best performant access.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Didier,

But federator is the separate package with seperate licence from SAP??

Edited by: siva kumar j on Jul 20, 2010 11:25 AM

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

correct - Data Federator is a separate license. the alternative would be to build a BW query on top of the DSO.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ingo,

But i have a concern on currency translation types, how the currency translation types are reflected into the BO reports??

Say for example i have created one currency conversion type in BW (RSCUR), this is straight forward get updated in BEX query designer, but how does it appearin BO if i create universe directly from the Infocube (Lets say).

Answers (0)