cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure FTP/VAN Adapter for SFTP connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to the use of Seeburger's FTP/VAN adapter. I read SDN threads where the FTP/VAN adapter can be used for SFTP connections. Could anyone assist me in the steps to configure the communication channels for SFTP connections?

Scenarios:

1. R/3 -> XI -> File (SFTP server)

2. File (SFTP server) -> XI -> IDoc

There is no VAN connection involved. I am just trying to utilize the adapters my PI system currently have for my interface requirement.

Is the configuration as simple as configuring the communication channel or there are scripts involved? If there are scripting involved, is there a benefit to use scripting in the FTP/VAN adapter, rather than XI's own File adapter?

Please assist. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Standard PI Adapter will not support to conenct SFTP server, we have to use third party adapters?? do you have any third party adapters??

many compniaes providing SFTP adapters and SAP PI Supports to.

if you dont have third party adapter we do have other alternative , refer below blog

/people/daniel.graversen/blog/2008/12/11/sftp-with-pi-the-openssh-way

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I do have a 3rd party adapter, the Seeburger FTP/VAN adapter. Although the main usage for this adapter is to connect to VANs of different vendors, I've read that this adapter can be used for SFTP file transfer as well.

I am unable to find any useful threads with regards to how to implement the SFTP connection for file transfer using this adapter.

Please assist or guide me on the setup of this adapter to transfer files to/fro via SFTP. Thank you.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you have seeburger adapter,they will provide documentation for the same like how to use configure the adapter.

Regards,

Raj