cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function files upload for RAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a issue with one of the installations.

Systems : 2

System 1 : ECC 6.0

System 2 : CRM

Do I have to upload the CRM function.txt files only to CRM or should I also have to upload the ALL*.txt file first and then CRM function.txt files.

Please advice.

Vidyar

Edited by: VIDYAR on Jul 20, 2010 4:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vidyar,

it depends on the size of your landscape.

The "ALL*.txt" files only need to be uploaded once (which you will have done already).

I always suggest to upload any "function_action.txt" and "function_permission.txt" files ONLY to a logical system (i.e. not to a connector) as it will make future maintenance a lot easier.

In your case - if that's all you're going to connect, just create ONE logical system, add the two connectors and upload the action/permission files for ERP and CRM to the logical system. You might have a few rules too much then, but in a small system this will make no difference.

If your system is likely to grow, create TWO logical systems, one for ERP systems and one for CRM systems. You would then have to upload R/3 action/permission files to the logical CRM system as well in order to check for Basis conflicts there.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srihari, Ranjiv and Frank,

Thank you for the reply, I will configure and update all of you.

That is really helpful.

Thanks again.

Vidyar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all u2013 I have been watching this thread as we are bringing CRM into our existing GRC environment and are trying to understand how to get the CRM rules into RAR.

We will have 2 logical systems, one for ERP and one for CRM. We have already uploaded the ALL*.txt files to our ERP logical system and we have customized this rule set over the past year.

Now we are bringing CRM into RAR. Weu2019ve read the rule upload section of the configuration guide and believe we should take the below steps to establish our CRM rules. We are looking for validation that these steps are the proper process:

u2022 Download objects/texts from SAP CRM and upload to GRC

u2022 Upload the CRM_function_action.txt and CRM_function_permission.txt to the CRM logical system (after txt files have been modified to align with custom naming conventions)

We were then going to create a cross system so that we would identify any Basis / HR conflicts there may be.

Do we need to upload any additional *function_action.txt or *function_permission.txt files to CRM logical system OR is it as simple as designating those particular functions as cross system in the scope analysis field within rule architect?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vidyar,

You need to upload first ALL* .txt flies and then corresponding system ( CRM ) specific files . You can find more details on this in the Config Guide -> Rule Upload section.

Regards

-Ranjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyar,

Yes, you have to upload the functions and risk text files of CRM by selecting CRM system only. Yes, you need to upload ALL* text files and then CRM text files and then generate rules for each system separtely.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K