Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Presently working on cProject Suite 4.0

For a Project created a role which I need to assign as Decision Maker for a Phase where approval is required. On the resource tab, trying to use "creation of business partner in Application" in the staffing view of resources tab page. But the create option is greyed out. Is there any way to solve the problem? Am I missing anything?

Well further to that, created business partner as Master data in Cproject GUI? How to assign user ID ( of cProject) to this business partner so that it can be used further?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

there was problem in ADS installation. Solved with the help of basis team

Thnaks again

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing the same problem. I have checked that ADS has been configured correctly. Still when I goto the Approval Tab, it says that 'Form does not exist'.

Any ideas.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I am facing the same problem. I am using cProjects 4.0. Should i use the note 918236 or something else. Please guide me at this confusing situation.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was missing some config. settings for business partners for user ID (in filed group). Had problem for assigning decision makers (forced to go for next support package which SAP has released this week only for cproject suite 4.0).

Now facing problem of approval document missing. Presently I am using DPR_APPROVAL form, activated the smart form for project type, for phase type not activated the form as it is default. But during approval start, getting message " approval document missing"

Any help will be highly appreciated

Regards

Prashant Kawale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First point - Resources in cProjects can be either

"employee" or "resource" the latter is designed to be used for external resources. Both can be searched from the business partner tab and have different search tabs.

Second point - This error can be generated when you configure the phase and enter the approval document in the Phase configuration. (see note 874054) - but it sounds like you already have this covered.

good luck

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Proud,

Have few nagging doubts about this resource managment.

1.I could create a BP in Backend with employee role and could find him in Cprojects also able to assign him in cprojects.How this BP who doesnt have a user id linked can access Cprojects and execute his tasks or simply access the Cprojects.

2. Does creating BP in backend with employee/resource role creates a sap user id in background? Obviously no but if not how do I assign the BP to user id for accessing Cprojects?

Let me know if I got the whole concept of rsrc mgmt wrongly.

Cheers!!!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak,

Thanks for your valuable help.

That means I need to create my external partners who are not employee but involved in Phase approval as "Employee" and I need to provide e-mail address during business partner creation so that they can get the mail for approval.

Well, is it possible to get mail within cProject screen itself? may be for the user ID?

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

I dont have an immediate answer to your first question, "How to activate Create button on the staffing Assignment tab pag?".

For the second part of your question, if you have created a business partner as Master Data in cProject GUI, make sure you have assigned the BP Role as an "Employee". You cannot use a user id while selecting a resource, but you will have to enter the "Business Partner Number" or the "Name, 1st name".

Hope this helps.

Regards

Deepak