cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackUp graphical mapping in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

I am trying to save .mte of an existing graphical map in PI 7.1. I could do it in PI 7.0 using - key combination of -

CTRL + SHIFT + Right click - when I select "Export" - it would prompt for File Save option - to save .mte file on the local machine.

When I tried the same thing in PI 7.1, there is no "Export" option.

Can anyone help me please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shewta,

Here is another issue & you seem to have helped someone before in one of the forums:

I am having problem with namespaces & prefixes.

I have a xml that looks somewhat like this:

- <ns1:ExecuteXMLRequest

xmlns:ns1="http://decisionintellect.com/inteport/">

- <ns1:_sRequestXML>

- <ns1:inteflow>

+ <ns1:request cd_type="submit">

- <ns1:user>

<ns1:id_oper>INTERFACE</ns1:id_oper>

<ns1:tx_password>password</ns1:tx_password>

I want to remove all the namesspace prefixes (ns1) except namespace

itself:

xmlns:ns1="http://decisionintellect.com/inteport/

I have tried using anonymizer bean with below config as per your blog:

process seq:

1 AF_Modules/XMLAnonymizerBean LocalEnterprise Bean 0

Module config:

0 anonymizer.acceptNamespaces //decisionintellect.com/inteport ''

0 anonymizer.quote '

but adapter is stripping prefixes including the namespace too.

Output looks like this:

<SOAP:Envelope xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SOAP:Header />

- <SOAP:Body>

- <ExecuteXMLRequest> -

namespace stripped -

- <_sRequestXML>

- <inteflow>

- <request cd_type="submit">

- <user>

<id_oper>INTERFACE</id_oper>

<tx_password>password</tx_password>

Can you please help?

We are using PI 7.1 support patch 7

ta,

Jas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shewta,

I have configured a new web service interface which is sync.

I am able to send the request successfully to thirdparty but response is error:

Below is the audit log with error message:

________________________________________________________________________________

2011-06-02 16:31:43 Information The message was successfully received by the messaging system. Protocol: XI URL: http://udofwpi1:52000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI Credential (User): PIISUSER

2011-06-02 16:31:43 Information Using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the request queue.

2011-06-02 16:31:43 Information Message successfully put into the queue.

2011-06-02 16:31:43 Information The message was successfully retrieved from the request queue.

2011-06-02 16:31:43 Information The message status was set to DLNG.

2011-06-02 16:31:43 Information Delivering to channel: WEBSERVICES_30DAY_PI_to_DUNBRAD

2011-06-02 16:31:43 Information Anonimizer: anonymizing XML ...

2011-06-02 16:31:43 Information Anonimizer: successfully anonymized

2011-06-02 16:31:43 Information SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST

2011-06-02 16:31:44 Information SOAP: completed the processing

2011-06-02 16:31:44 Information SOAP: continuing to response message fbfb5e40-8ce1-11e0-8e51-066296e84702

2011-06-02 16:31:44 Error SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: The request element <ExecuteXMLRequest xmlns='> was not recognized.

2011-06-02 16:31:44 Error Adapter Framework caught exception: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: The request element <ExecuteXMLRequest xmlns=''> was not recognized.

2011-06-02 16:31:44 Error Delivering the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: The request element <ExecuteXMLRequest xmlns=''> was not recognized.. Setting message to status failed.

2011-06-02 16:31:44 Error The message status was set to FAIL.

___________________________________________________________________________________

and response message id (SOAP: continuing to response message fbfb5e40-8ce1-11e0-8e51-066296e84702) where can I find it?

Any clues?

Tried searching in message monitoring for above id but no luck.

Ta,

Jas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shewta,

I was able to convert .xim to .xls file. I was under the impression it will have java code inside it but unfortunately I can't use that excel to speed up things at all.

Will try to locate the file with actual code somewhere on server I guess when get some free time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giuseppe,

I have got about 50 source & target fields which are exactly the same. However, I can't do one to one mapping on them.

The mapping that I am trying to achive is:

IfS (string name) notequals constant (left blank) then (string name) = (string name).

In english, if the source field (string name) is not empty/blank that's only when you want to send it but if it is empty/blank then nothing is sent (not even the field tags (string name).

I only want to send the field tags if there is some data in it otherwise no field tags should be sent.

I am supposed to apply this same rule on more then 50 fields which is pain if done in graphical way. I am just trying to find quicker way (like do graphical mapping for one field & find java code & paste it for rest - if it's possible).

Ta,

Jas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shewta,

I used the link you mentioned & it gives me back a zip file which when unzipped has got few folders & files in it.

Folder names as follows:

_rels

docprops

xl

which contains couple of files. However, I can't find an excel file with java code in it. I have opened all the files but no luck.

Jas

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jasmeet,

Ideally you should get an Excel as mentioned in the screenshot above.

Which option did you try? Excel 2007? can you try with Excel 5 and let us know if you get an Excel with mapping description.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea, thts good enough if you have 15/20 fields to map. Everytime we configure new interface there are atleast 50 to map & if mapping is same for all then you should be able to do graphical mapping for one & find out java code generated & use that for rest.

I was trying to find software thats able to open .xim extensions (file I exported from PI) but no luck. Please let me know if are aware of one.

Ta,

Jas

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmeet,

As Pothana mentioned,there is no standard way to do this.

Still,if you want to open .xim files to check out java code,use this:

http://figaf.com/services/pi-documenter.html

Here you get PI mapping in the form of Excel with java code details.

Best Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmeet

Java code is generated from the graphical mapping. If you change the java code, then it will get overwritten.

Since you are using PI 7.1 you can group target fields and just map your rule to all the target fields.

Check the "Target-Field Mappings with Multiple Target Fields" section on this page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/8a/7bc84841f14b47aa769c9219452229/content.htm

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shewta,

Thanks for quick reply. That made it work. However I have another question:

I have got about 50 different fields for which I need to do repeated graphical mapping again & again (same for all the fields). The easiest way I found so far is to copy path & insert in next field & just change the field names.

I was wondering if there is quick way to write a java code which will map all the fields (as graphical mapping is same for all of them except the field names).

Hope I have explained it properly. I am pretty new to SAP world.

That's the reason I was trying to export the mapping to look at code. If you can shed some light on it, that would be great

Ta,

Jas

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>way I found so far is to copy path & insert in next field & just change the field names.

Easiest, Simple and Fast. There is no standard provision provided by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am not able to export PI mapping too. No export option listed.

Tried crtl + shift + 0 but nothing happens. Can anyone suggest a way to export the mapping so that I can look at the code.

Ta,

Jas

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmeet,

Are you working on Windows7?

Please follow these steps : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967893

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. Double-click Regional and Language Options.

3. Click Keyboards and Languages, and then click Change keyboards.

4. Click Advanced Key Settings, and select Between input languages.

5. Click change Key Sequence.

6. For Switch Keyboard Layout, select Not Assigned.

7. Click OK to close each dialog box.

Please let us know if this works.

Thanks and regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI shweta,

Even after doing what you have asked to do. nothing happens.

nothing is opening. please help.

Regards,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

found another way

Former Member
0 Kudos

found another way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

When I tried the same thing in PI 7.1, there is no "Export" option.

SAP has disabled this export/import functionality of .mte files with PI 7.1x.

But, you can still use CTRL + SHIFT + 0. This will open up a new window where you will find the export icon. This will save the mapping in .XIM format. Similar way you can import there.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

The XIM format export - is Binary - so practically useless - I have a source IDoc that just need to be replaced by a custom z extension (that Development missed..) - when I replace the source - all the field level graphical mappings are lost !

Do you've more ideas on how to exprt to ASCII so I can make this minor change in the source and re-import it back in PI 7.11 ?

Best regards,

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mustafa,

I am not aware of exporting / importing ASCII formats for mapping, I think there is no way of doing it but might be I am wrong.

Regards,

Neetesh