cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ ... hot to import into support track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are changing from a purely NWDI driven deployment system to now integrate NWDI with CTS.

Our plan was to have 2 tracks, one for the development and one for support. The question is when (at which step) and how do you get the SCA that you put in production into the support track... ?

In our case we we're planning to use NWDI until the assembly step where the SCA is attached to the transport but after that, the transport is handled by CTS+.

Is this a purely manual process where the basis must take the SCA and import it into the support track ? I guess , at least the SCA should be put into the import folder of the development track automatically. Then you just updade the SC versions in the track definition and import the SCA in the support track.

Your input would be appreciated... thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you've created a transport connection between the tracks, the SCA will become available in the follow-up track once you've approved it in the Approval stage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal,

I figured that since CTS+ picks up when we assemble and link the SCA to a transport then we don't do the approval step in nwdi...

This is the part I'm looking for... could you clarify for me please ? Until which step do you go in NWDI and do the processes of NWDI and CTS+ overlap ? If CTS is deploying to test and prod environments and approval is done in CTS , what happens with the nwdi process after assembly.

Thanks.

Answers (0)