cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize portal login page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to customize the portal login page, however I have issues finding out how the login process works.

I created the project and I don't have any issues with basic changes.

I need to:

1. add 2 new text forms to the change password.jsp page, what is easy and straight forward.

2. check for exceptions, e.g. if the input fields are empty. Therefore I want to use the existing error bean, however I need to find out from where it is being called.

3. after the checks, I would like to store the custom field values in ume and would like to do that in the same method where the user is logging in.

Does anybody know how I can do this?

I found a class SAPJ2EEAuthenticator, which is called when the user is logging in, howver when I create an extension of this class I am getting an error: Could not instantiate logon authenticator class

Thanks

Ismail

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that you need to customize the class SAPJ2EEAuthenticator and change the entry in config tool for ume.logon.AuthenticationFactory.

However the problem after that is, that the class can not be found, e.g. the server is not starting.

When you add the classes to the existing com.sap.security.core.jar file, then the program works.

I think this is not a good solution. Does anbybody know how I can load the class without adding the classes to the original jar file?

Thx

Ismail

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ismail,

Please, check the following documentation about the changes you can do to a UME login page.

Best regards,

Désiré