cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in creation of SAPLICENSE in install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to do a system copy to bring our SCM4.1 system from server A to server B. (The server A and server B have different hostnames).

I am in the process of installing my Database instance via SAPINST and it is giving me an error in the phase "create SAP License'.

In the log files it show me:

OS4Trace: Executing remote iSeries command: saplicense 'R3Setup SCT 61TAG1ZG TRACE=2'

I have checked the subsystem/job TMKSVR00 on AS400, which is running with both the DISPATCH and SAPINST jobs.

I ordered the new license key from SAP and was able to install it manually successfully.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the job logs of the sapinst process under the tmk subsystem? It's probably a simple error... If you can hack the license into the DB using SQLutil perhaps you can tell sapinst that it completed... IIRC it's only trying to create the templicense?

Andy

EDIT: it looks like you already installed the license so I would modify the install script to think it's done.

Message was edited by: Andy Quaas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for the response.

Yeah i installed the license. But how do I modify the install script??

Where do I edit it, so that the SAPinst skips the this phase?

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at the keydb.xml file. Usually it's in /usr/sap/SAPinst/release/DB. IIRC you can search for the word "error" and change it to OK. Have a look around in there.... I hope it helps.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

SAP recommended to try upgrading the dbincondb4 (at least #1) and lib_dbsl (at least #104) in my kernel.

I downloaded the LIB_DBSL_117-20000357.SAR & DBINCON_1-20000357.SAR from the service marketplace.

While applying the patch, i have to remane these to the program already existing in the kernel library.

what do I rename the LIB_DBSL_117-20000357.SAR & DBINCON_1-20000357.SAR

to for the patch appliaction as I don't see them in my kernel library.

The closest matches for these are DBINCONDB4 for DBINCON_1-20000357.SAR

and DBDB4SLIB for LIB_DBSL_117-20000357.SAR.

Am I right in my conclusion?

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a syntax example for applying patch to LIB_DBSL

APYR3FIX SID(<SID>) SAVF(<ANYLIB>/LIB_DBSL)

SAVLIB(GEN<REL><AorU>OPT) KRNLIB(<KERNELIB>)

FROMDIR('/location patch downloaded to')

FROMFILE('LIB_DBSL_117-20000357.SAR')

Doreen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

There was a bug in the SAPLICENSE program,,and hence as SAP recommended to do what u suggested previously...

That is install the license manually...and the chnage the error to OK and start the SAPinst...

The installation finished successfully...

Thanks a lot for the advice..I should have gone on your advice much earlier...would have saved three days...

Thanks a lot

Just wanted to let u guys know...

Bye

Abhi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

looks like an OSS message :-((

Regards

Volker