cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use MessageTransformBean in between XML --> XML scenario !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claver Heads,

Small thing in XML to XML transformation. Can we use MessageTransformBean? The reason why I am asking, In my scenario, XML to ABAP proxy, messages are splitting (1:n) everything is working fine. But in splitting messages, first Messages is getting all nodes etc., from split second message on words, Couple of nodes are missing(not coming at all)?

Any solutions for this please?

Thanks

Regards

San

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Small thing in XML to XML transformation. Can we use MessageTransformBean

No u can use MessageTransformBean for XML to XML Conversion.

This bean is only for XML to Plain and Plain to XML.

U can do XML to XML Translation in only 2 locations...

1.Mapping

2.Write a adapter module code, and deploy and use it.

Let us know vtz ur exact requirements...

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved babu. Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

The issue seems to be with the context. The better way to identify the issue is:

1. Check the nodes that are not displayed from the second message split.

2. Check the mapping, if the requirement is fulfilled or not.

3. Check if any of the required fields are disabled.

Please get back to us with the results and also provide requirement you wish to achieve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try to check the Display Queue for souce and target while testing mapping?

It might be possible that you need to use some standard functions like Split by value, or remove context or somethign like that.

Even if it is required then change the context of your source field.

Just try that, it should work.

I think its context issue.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hetal,

Yeah you are 100% correct. This must be context issue. But I don't know how to fix this. The target message is quite big hierarchy, like ProductActivityNotification>ProductActivity>Item>SalesTimeSeries>Item>ValidPeriod>Startdate etc.,

Source XML is getting DTM segment, which is in Header -- comes one time, more than 100 line items to this message. This 100 line items has to go with this date into Startdate etc.,

At present I am getting only one time this into Startdate. Please any clue in this!!

Many Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can concat the DTM field with the item segment and use an splitbyvalue. To replicate this value in all your items.

Or see the functionality of useOneAsMany, in the first you use the DTM value, in the second the value of item with one context (change context) and the third value again the value of the item without changing context

regards,

lpbuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ipbuff,

Many Thanks for your very quick reply. I have tried the way what explain, but not working . I am attaching both the structures, please guys throw your valuable openions and technical ways how to resolve this.

I will really appreciate your quick and positive response.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7786/mappinghelp.jpg

Many Thanks

Kind Regars

San