cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Possible to Implement Queue Alerts & Mapping Alerts at a time???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to implement Queue alerts and Mapping alerts in single landscape using Alert Configuration??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it possible to implement Queue alerts and Mapping alerts in single landscape using Alert Configuration??

Alert categories for Queue and Mapping errors would be different (as Queue errors require separate alerts containers)

So in RWB create different Alert Rules....one referring Alert Category for Queue and other referring for Mapping Category.

Did you try the above logic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I did exactly a you said,

i have created separate alert category for IE errors and configured in RWB and selected radio button as IE errors only to get alert for IE errors.

I have created one more alert category for Queue errors and configured in RWB and selected as No Restriction radio button.

Now the issue is, if i get any error like message mapping error on IE means i am getting 2 alerts

one is for IE alert category and another is with Queue alerts category .

The thing is here Queue alert category is selected as No Restriction, because of this, queue alert category also executing along with the IE category.

When ever IE error occurs, only IE alerts category should be created not queue alert too

Please let me know your views on my problem how to proceed further on this....

Regards

Edited by: Vamsi Krishna on Jul 21, 2010 4:24 PM

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow my Blog /people/santhosh.kumarv/blog/2009/05/19/sap-xipi-alerts-for-queue-errors

For Queue alerts you don't need to create Alert rules in RWB,. Just have only one Alert Rules created for the IE error.

Queue error alert triggered will be done by scheduling the ABAP code as I have told in the Blog,

Mapping and other IE error will be triggered by the Alert rules created in RWB.

~SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Santhosh, i will try this and let you know the result

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I did the following

1) Created one alert category in ALRTCATDEF for IE and configured alert Rule in RWB for this and selected Where did the error occur? as Integration Engine radio button.

2) Now created one more alert category in ALRTCATDEF for queue errors and i did not configured this in RWB alert Rule.

3) Now i have the queue struck in SMQ2 and i execute your ABAP code and there is no alrt received in alert inbox

4) If i have any error in SXMB_MONI means i am able to get the alert for those successfully.

I don't know is this report is creating the alert or not

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Issue resolved, the problem is in ABAP report program i did not mentioned the alert category name correctly.

We dont required to create alert Rule in RWB for this queue alerts, just need to create the alert category and use that alert category name in ABAP report program correctly.It will create alert when there is message struck in queue.

Now working perfectly.

Thanks so much Santhosh for your direction on this. I appreciate your help

Regards