cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External archive - adapter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to include an external jar file to my adapter module (jdom.jar). I have included this in the EJB project that I create. The module is created sucessfully and deployed on the server with out any errors.

When the module is called, I get an error Class Not Defined. It is unable to recognize the external jar file classes.

Should I include the jar file in the EAR project as well or is there any extra config to make this jar file available in the adapter module?

Thanks

Jai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved by manually editing the ear file generated to include the external jar file (jdom.jar in my case)

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when we deploy a module, is just the ear, Did you delete all the libraries included in your ear???.

We dont include any jar.

regards,

lpbuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I did not include any libraries in the ear file. I have deleted the classes under sap folder in the EJB project as instructed in the Adapter module guide.

Please let me know your views.

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

how have you made available the Jar file to the server at runtime? did you create a Library project and deploy it?

if so then you have to set references to it in the application-j2ee*.xml file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the response.

>>how have you made available the Jar file to the server at runtime?

I have included the jar file in the EJB project. I assume it will be part of the ear file automatically!!

>>if so then you have to set references to it in the application-j2ee*.xml file.

Can you please tell me a bit more about this step? Should I add another refernce similar to adding the standard sap references

EX: Ref target : engine.security.facade

Ref type : hard

Ref target type : service

Provider name : sap.com

If so, what are the values I need for each of the parameters?

Thanks

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a external library project , add the jar files there and deploy it. this is different than your adapter module project. That would make the jar files available on the server.

in the application-j2ee-engine.xml file of adapter module project, add a reference to this library. Refer below link for help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/53/69662514eb6e46b1eb6e77ae5cf10b/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for responding.

>>create a external library project , add the jar files there and deploy it

Excuse my ignorance. Can you please let me know what type of project I should be creating in NWDS?

We are on PI 7.11

Thanks

Jai