cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to renumber the position-No of a quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have create a quotation (VA21) with two position (10, 20).

Next i change the quotation (VA22) with a new position (15). I take 15 because i will get it

between 10 an 20. Than i save it.

Is it possible to renumber the position to 10, 20, 30 (old 10, 15, 20).

Thanks.

Regards, Dieter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot renumber the positions of a sales order item. That is in no way manually alterable. If you need new item number intervals, that can be configured.

If you change the item number intervals, it will affect the orders in future, there wont be any retrospective effect on the past orders.

I would also like to know the problem you are encountering because of this. May be if the problem is known, somebody in this forum can add some more value to this question.

Edited by: SNavaneetha Krishnan on Jul 21, 2010 10:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SNavaneetha,

thanks for answer.

Sometimes the users create a quotation in more than one step.

First create via VA21 with position 10 and 20.

Next the change the quotation with postion 15 and 30 etc.

After all changing steps they have finaly a quotation wich don't have they "normal"

postionlist like 10, 20, 30 etc., but 10, 15, 20 25, 27, 30 etc.

Now they want to renumber 10, 15, 20 25, 27, 30 to 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 because this looks better

in the sapsciptformular.

Thats the reason for postion this thread.

Regards, Dieter

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

Thats a valid reason for trying to rearrange the numbers. I even tried and that field where the item numbers are populated is an editable field.

The solution can be in 2 ways, the first way to educate the users not to touch that field and make them aware that the item number is generated automatically.

Second way is to convert this field into a non-editable using the field modification user exit USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION. Some developer should be able to fix this issue for u automatically. The exit is in the include MV45AFZZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks, but sometims its necessary to insert a new position between the first and second one.

I read in OSS in NOTE: 1301617 that there is a way in CRM and i hopped that there is

a similar way in ERP but i didn't find it.

regards, Dieter

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Now they want to renumber 10, 15, 20 25, 27, 30 to 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 because this looks better

> in the sapsciptformular.

Dieter, if this is the only reason, then this can be done in the formular itself. Instead of printing POSNR directly, just create an internal variable, calculate the "pretty" position number and print it instead. Or, if you want to take it a step further, you can even read the configuration (in case it's changed in the future), so that you won't have to hardcode 10+10. It is very easy to do (for an ABAPer, anyway).

If you're using a standard formular, you'll need to create your own copy, but it's much simpler anyway than trying to bend the system. And I'd switch to the Smart Form actually, given the opportunity.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it's not possible. POSNR is the key field in the database table. You can only create a new line and delete the existing one.