Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File from payload data

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario with;

Sender adapter - File (QoS = Best Effort )

Receiver Adapter - HTTP.

In HTTP adapter, URL is of type Get..

When I send a file through file adapter, connection is established and I get a response in the payload.

How do I create a file a file from this payload content? I mean I want to extract the contents into a file and place this file in a particular directory on FTP or PI server.

Kindly help!

Thanks,

Pratibha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Error in the sender File communication channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the permissons on ftp for the files.The user might be having only read acess on FTP.

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

The file gets successfully written on the destination that I have mentioned in the Receiver file channel.

The Reeiver channel is green in RWB. Only the Sender channel is Red with the error: Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.NullPointerException.

This error msg is seen in the Audit log after the success msg: The message status set to DLVD.

Regards....Pratibha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha

This is a service pack issue, even i also faced the same issue while using the request response bean.

Thanks

Rinku

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rinku.....

What did you do then?

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pratibha ,

what is your service pack and cversion , the error Rinku mentioned is on PI 7.1 SP07 imay be you needa version upgrade

regards

Ninad

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Ninad,

We have SP-12 and PI 7.0

Edited by: Pratibha on Oct 29, 2010 2:01 PM

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pratibha

Please check this thread , have you done exactly what it is suggested here , because here it is written it shud work for SP 12

regards

Ninad

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

I have configured my scenario in the same way as mentioned in the thread.

Only difference is that in our case, we do not have any repository objects , as the file that we receive is a flat file which we do not want to map to anything.

regards,

Pratibha.

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggestions on the issue?

Regards,

Pratibha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

Sender adapter - File (QoS = Best Effort )

If you are tyring to make the sender file as syncrounous to receive the response of HTTP , the you

can make use of the request response bean in the sender file adater as mentioned in the blog

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without%20BPM%29

which gives an overview of file to RFC -file scenario, in your case you can replace the RFC with HTTP req/resp strutures.

I mean I want to extract the contents into a file and place this file in a particular directory on FTP or PI server.

This can be done using another file channel as mentioned in the blog above or alternatley you can do this using async/sync

bridge using BPM.Please try a search for the BPM scenario.

Regards,

Srinivas

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

One important thing I forgot to mention is that, the payload that we receive in response is in the Encrypted format...

And I want this encrypted payload in a file so that, I can decrypt it.

How do I work on this?

Regards,

Pratibha.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
And I want this encrypted payload in a file so that, I can decrypt it.

In what format is the data encrypted? You can decrypt it in XI itself. In the Response mapping include a JAVA mapping which will do the decryption. For base64 encoded data you can take help of this blog:

/people/farooq.farooqui3/blog/2008/05/22/decode-base64-incoming-encoded-information-in-sap-xipi-using-java-mapping

Regards,

Abhishek.

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

It is a PGP encrypted flat file.

regards,

Pratibha.

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

I am facing the issue in the File sender channel.

Attempt to process file failed with com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPAObjectKeyException: Value of key must not be null: ObjectId

Please help!

Thanks,

Pratibha.

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could configure the scenario and the files are getting dumped in the required folder.

But, the File in the source directory does not get deleted.

And in the RWB, the messages are going into error : Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.NullPointerException.

Please help!

thanks,

Pratibha.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your is very similar to /people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

only difference being its HTTP instead of RFC