cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update solman with ABAP UME for several systems

0 Kudos

We are going to update our Solman from 7.01 SPS21 to SPS23 but have now a few questions which should be answered before starting the update.

On our Solution Manager DSI there's also hosted the CUA and ABAP UME for several systems (Java only with Learning Solution, Portal, backend System for HR purposes, ...) and furthermore the SLD for all those and CTS+.

Our questions are now:

If we update to SPS24, basic components will also be patched. Are the other systems which are connected to the ABAP UME also affected and have to be patched (Kernel and other components)? Or will older SP levels (on Portal e.g. 7.01 SP05) be compatible with the newer levels on Solman and UME?

Will the RfC Connections, JCo Connections, logins and transports work without patching the dependent systems after the update?

Will all RFC and JCo Connections work during the update or do they always need UME connection?

If UME will be down during update will users who are already logged in stay connected or will their session end?

Hopefully someone can help us with this topic.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Corinna Straub

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Corinna Straub

I made this upgrade and I didn't have any negative impact.

If we update to SPS24, basic components will also be patched. Are the other systems which are connected to the ABAP UME also affected and have to be patched (Kernel and other components)? I didn't have to patch.

Or will older SP levels (on Portal e.g. 7.01 SP05) be compatible with the newer levels on Solman and UME? Yes

Will the RfC Connections, JCo Connections, logins and transports work without patching the dependent systems after the update? Yes, they'll work.

Will all RFC and JCo Connections work during the update or do they always need UME connection?

If UME will be down during update will users who are already logged in stay connected or will their session end?

The recommendation is deny logon users during the upgrade. Ask the users to not connect during the upgrade.

Answers (0)