Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Connector 4.8 :upgrade

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to upgrade the SAP Business connector from version 4.7 to 4.8. I have already gone through the documents mentioned in service.sap.com/connectors, especially through the SAP BC migration guide. My concern is, customer does not wants to uninstall SAP BC 4.7 and proceed with 4.8, which is the normal procedure. They want to run both the versions together in the same server and once they are OK with 4.8, we can uninstall 4.7. The question is: Is it OK to run both the versions on same server? Is there any precaution I need to take before I install 4.8 in the same server where 4.7 is currently running? If it is OK, can I use the same transfer method which is described in migration guide to export and import the configurations?

Thanks for your valueable comments.

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I don't know about running them in the same server... you might have conflicts with the ports... we usually setup a test box and install the latest release, transfer the config files and do the testing before touching the production one.

You can use a Desktop for your testing...

Regards

Juan

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone experienced with such a requirement? If someone can confirm the port issue mentioned by Juan, would be great as I cannot test this.

Appreciate any response.

Rajeev

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If installation is possible, the ports can be configured to use different onces in each server...

But as I said before, why compromising a productive box with experiments when running Business Connector is possible in a regular desktop for testing purposes.

Thats my 2 cents

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically how long would you expect the upgrade from 4.7 - 4.8 to take and what percentage of time is the Java work. Just as a ball park. SAP states 'matter of days' but a year is a matter of days - 365!!

Any help much apprecaited

Answers (0)