cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental contract in mid of the month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured the standard rental contract(with billing plan) scenario for my client, But the requirement is, if the contract is created in the mid of the month contract start date should be the date of the creation ( this is not a problem as we can set this in contract profile) and the amount should also be charged accordingly.

Ex: if the monthly rental for a contract is 1000 and contract created on 15th of the month then, first month the system should bill for 500 and remaining months it should bill for 1000.

I am unable find the solution in the billing plan. Please suggest me on this.

Regards,

Upendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upendra

Did you try using Standard condition PPSV (or its equivalent) in the pricing procedure and maintain monthly charges in ther? Then you should get proportional amount charged for, say, half month.

Hope this helps.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search for 'prorated billing plan'. There was a somewhat similar question on SDN, but, alas, not really answered:

In any case, I think this should be possible if you create 2 lines - one for half-month and one for the rest of the contract. Billing plan can start and end sooner/later than the contract term.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its only one incident and is not going to occur again.

Then, create Rental Contract as it is with full values then raise invoice to the customer. To adjust the excess amount charged to the customer raise a credit memo for the difference amount.

Or else it is a regular practice (and happens in more than 80% of business processes), then opt for milestone billing with Fixed amounts.

Thanks & Regards

JP