cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database instance Installation for Web AS Java 7.00 is taking long hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am installing Web AS Java for NetWeaver 2004s SR1. I am doing High Availability system installation for Java. I installed SCS instance for Web AS Java succefully. When I started Database instance installation it is taking long time(more than 16hrs) and still not complete. It is performing importing java dump(phase 16 of 18). I am not sure whether there is a problem in the installation(since no message is thrown on the installation GUI) or it needs that much time for installation.

This is first time I am installing this Database instance for Web AS Java in NW04s SR1 environment.

Does anyone has any idea how long this database instance installation takes in general? I almost lost my patience in waiting for the installation completion.

SYSTEM configuration:

=====================

Database: MS SQL 2000 Server with SP4

SAP: NetWeaver 2004s SR1

Thanks,

cvr/

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know the disk space available and the memmory parameters you have provided during installation. You need to have minimum 2-3 GB ram

regards,

Sujesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujesh,

Thanks for your reply. I have 4GB RAM and enough free disk space on all drives (10GB to 20GB). What I found was it is throwing an error message on to console saying "Selfextractor encountered a problem and needed to close." I don't why this message is coming. Any idea?

I tried restarting the system etc.... I am using JDK 1.4.2_10.

Thanks,

cvr/

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem.

The problem is with the password. With SAP on MaxDB the password shouldn't contain the letter '@'. And also the database parameter SHAREDSQL should be set to NO.

For more information please see SAP Notes: 848436 and 919177

Thanks

Venkat/