cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10g Installation Error on Windows 2008 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have tried to install Oracle 10g via "51036975 ORACLE 10.2.0.4 Failsafe Server 3.4.1.5 Windows 2008" as per note no. Note 1303262 - Oracle on Windows Server 2008. Server is 64 bit server.

Oracle service is not getting started and showing as "starting" in services.msc. I cant stop the service. I have taken the restart of the server as well but no luck.

Just before the end of installation of Oracle, one pop up box named isqlplussvc opened up stating as "Failed to start the service, Error:0, the operation completed successfully".

Can you please suggest how to handle this error and start the service?

Regards,

Naresh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you did not install Oracle database 10.2.0.4 and only install the failsafe server as per note, right?

Edited by: lucy YANG on Jul 29, 2010 5:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yes, I started with Failsafe server CD only. After trying installing Oracle couple of times, once the service didnt went into starting mode & it couldnt start as well. Then I started going ahead with SAP installation and later I found that the service got automatically started.

I was under the impression that the service has to be started before going for SAP installation.

Thanks all for your replies.

Regards,

Naresh.

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The service iSQL*Plus (isqlplussvc) is installed with Oarcle 10g, but s not used by SAP systems. Please disable this service and try to start your database again.

Br,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

The service which is created with Oracle 10g is Oracle<SID>102iSQL*Plus is continuously in "Starting" status. I cant stop this service even (option disabled).

@ Experts : Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you paste the error what you are getting while trying to stop the services.

Also check errors in Event Viewer.

Regards,

Shivam Mittal