Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Designer

former_member211527
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

I am new to BO .

can any tell me where can i get the Universe designer related links & Web Intelligence or step by step procedure of creation of universe as an

example.

thanx

ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi, you can find documentation on both Universe Designer and Web Intelligence on the SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com. Please note that these documentation are meant to be used as references. If you are completely new to BusinessObjects, I suggest you to take some instructor-led training classes. You can find more information at http://www.sap.com/services/education/index.epx.

Hope this helps.

-

If you are using the BusinessObjects tool, you should join [ASUG|www.asug.com]

former_member211527
Participant
0 Kudos

HY simon,

ThanQ,

I am new to Business Objects so suggest me the which is the good training course through online .

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The following link will take you to the list of the BusinessObjects training courses:

http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/businessobjectstraining/sbopbisolutions/index.epx

XI 3.1 is the latest release, therefore, you should take the SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.0 courses. If you click on Business Intelligence link from there, then click on SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence XI 3.0 link, it will take you to a diagram that explains the different courses on that topic from beginner to intermediate to advance.

For Universe courses, go back to the first web page as stated above, click on Administration. Then click on SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Universe Design vXI 3.0/3.1 link to get to a similar diagram of all courses under that topic at different skill level.

Once again, I recommend instructor-led classes over eLearning classes. It is because you can interact with the instructor and you can ask questions. The best of all, in a classroom, you can also learn from fellow students on how they do things in their organization. You cannot get such valuable interaction by taking the eLearning classes.

-

former_member211527
Participant
0 Kudos

ThanQ simon,

can i learn it as a self learner through online.....

thank u very much once again.

simon can i contact u directly or u can send me details to rvrsarma to gmail Mail

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi, different people have different learning style. I recommended instructor-led classes because, in my humble opinion, they are the most effective and are most value-added (like the interaction with instructor and the fellow students). But of course, you can learn through on-line classes as well. It is not as effective, but if you have budget constraint, it will work.

Please keep in mind that most people will forget more than 50% of what they learned in class just one week after the class. So the most important thing is that you MUST practice what you have learned RIGHT AWAY. When I say "practice", I don't mean by playing with eFashion and the sample reports. You need to put it to work in your business environment.

If you have further question, please feel free to ask in this forum instead of private email. It is because someone else might have the same question and they can benefit from reading it here on the forum.

By the way, I am moving this thread to the "Universe Designer and Business Views Designer" forum which is more appropriate.

-