cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post goods issue is Archived status and User want to delete the delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

User want to delete the delivery document which was created in 2008 year.

Delivery document was created on 03/14/2008. for this delivery Picking,Packing,Post goods issue has been done on 03/17/2008.

Post good issue document XXXX is Archived status and it is no longer in the system.

When I try to reverse the PGI through through transaction VL09

System error message

GI for delivery 86507525 cannot be canceled for the following reasons

Document 4967698913 does not exist

Message no. M7 063

Diagnosis

The document you entered does not exist in the specified/current

calendar year.

Procedure

Make sure your entries are correct.

Do you want to search for the material documents for a certain material?

Do you want to search for the physical inventory documents for a certain

material?

Currently the material document Archived status and it posted in 2008 year.

Kindly help me out how to reverse the archive post good issue document.

Thanks

Subramanyam M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all:

Do you need to move the goods? (cancel the goods movement)

1. If yes, you need to create an opposite movement. E.g. return order.

1. If you do not need to cancel the goods movement and just want to delete the delivery, you need to remove the "archived" material document from document flow table.

- Firstly you need to do is to delete the VBFA entries for that material document. (You need to do it in SE16 by debugging)

- Then you need to reset delivery status by report RVDELSTA.

Alternatively, you can contact SAP support to help to delete VBFA entries for material document.

Edited by: Harry Wu on Jul 21, 2010 9:17 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I look at the business process of this transaction. Are you going to cancel a delivery which was done during the year 2008? It could have been mentioned in the PL and Balance sheets of that financial year and if something is done today, it is going to affect those results.I agree that posting can be done in today's date, but I still look at the business purpose and I am not convinced about the reason for deleting this delivery.

Also the delivery is already archived some time back. So how are we going to delete the delivery, which is not there in the system. If it all we want to deliver, technically, the delivery should be moved to SAP from archive database and then cancel the PGI, cancel the picking and then delete the delivery. Also there is an option of doing a returns for this after moving this delivery in SAP system. If any transaction has to be created for this delivery, then the document should be in SAP system.

Hope this will help you to decide on further course of action.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it mandatory to cancel it? Cannot you create an opposite goods movement (via return delivery)?