cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch splits are not possible for sales orders, batch reserv. and availab

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

As You know in standard batch splits are not possible for sales orders (as opposed to delivery).

My business scenario: There are many batch for this same material on stock, but only some of them which have 75% of Shelf Life Expiration Date should be sold for one big customer (other customers can buy products w/o checking Shelf Life Expiration Date). I have made batch determination strategy which fills this expectation. Unfortunately this strategy in worthless on sales order because batch splits are not possible for sales orders.

During sales order create I would like to know how many such batch is available and reserve it.

Could You suggest me any other solutions?

Regards,.

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Batch splits are not possible for sales orders. I used batch rezervation on delivery.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check following link:

- [Definition of a Batch Search Strategy|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/EN/25/283b894f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/content.htm]

- [Google on Batch Search Strategy|http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=BatchdeterminationbasedonshelflifeSDN&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&gs_upl=2192%2C170%2C9%2C6%2C305%2C401%2C3%3A6%2C1]

- [Batch Determination|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=ERPLO&title=BATCHDETERMINATIONINSDVIEW&decorator=printable]

-[Config Setting In Batch Management|http://www.sap-img.com/materials/config-setting-in-batch-management.htm]

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for documentation but it doesnu2019t solve my problem. I have configured batch determination strategies based on SLED. Itu2019s working fine.

My point is that SAP standard doesnu2019t allow me to do the batch split on sales order (The number of batch splits is limited to 001). Letu2019s say there are 2 batch numbers:

0000000001 u2013 quantity 10 PCE.

0000000002 u2013 quantity 20 PCE.

During sales order creation for letu2019s say 15 PCE system will propose me only 10 PCE from batch 0000000001 u2013 quantity 10 PCE (because of batch splits is limited to 001).

In such case I have to change quantity of item number 1 by giving 10, and later on I have to retype this same material in next item line and give 5 PCE. It is very time consuming especially when there are more than 2 batch number which must be given for this same material.

Do You know any other solution. Iu2019m interested why SAP doesnu2019t allow to batch Split on sales order.

Please help.

Edited by: Maciej Kromolicki on Jul 19, 2010 9:02 PM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard solution available. If you search the forum, you may find non-standard solution.

Per SAP OSS Note 619911 - FAQ: Batch determination - question 6, per SAP standard batch split is NOT possible in sales orders.

My assumption for this is , once the batch is allocated in sales order, then in delivery it can't be changed. Also if other user tries to use that batch, the system wont allow it. In our business, we dont want to hold the batch in sales order for a customer, and we want to utilize for other customer if priority/urgency forces. So we do batch split at delivery level. Eventhough the auto batch determines any batches at sales order level, the user manually removes it.

If enough quantity of a batch is avaialbe, during availability check, the system can confirm at schedule line level. Hence still the delivery can be created. So instead of looking for non-standard solutions, I would suggest to use the batch split functionality at delivery level.

Another option for making reservation of a batch to customer is using batch characteristic. Create a batch characteristics with name like customer reservation and values as customer numbers. This customer numbers can be assigned in the batch masters so that only those batches can be picked by the system for a customer/material based on VCH2 record settings.

Regards