cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't create xml file for bw upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

we are in the middle of upgrading our entire landscape.

when i try to create an xml file using the maintenance optimizer i

don't get the option of enhancement packahe upgarde only regular

maintenance .

the BW system i want to upgrade is SAP BW 3.1 to BW 701 - this is also

what the system product configured in smsy.

is it possible that upgrading from this bw version to be 701 doesn't require xml file using maintenance optimizer?

Regards,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Friedmann,

Please look into the list of scenarios supported by Maintenance Optimizer in http://service.sap.com/solman-mopz (you might want to scroll down a little to see the relevant section).

In general, SAP systems based in SAP ABA and BASIS 4.6C use a simple text file instead of an XML, this text file is generated by Maintenance Optimizer in the supported scenarios (for example, from ERP 4.6C to ERP6 with EHP4).

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel ,

i can see that you answered me both on oss and here - very nice.

first of all - the system i want to upgrade is BW 3.1 (based on was 620) to BW 7 based on ehp1 or ehp2.

i looked at the link you mentioned but didn't find what i was looking for -

Supported SAP Products for the different maintenance scenarios

Maintenance

• Maintenance is supported for all SAP product versions which have a stack definition in PPMS.

Installation of Enhancement Packages

• SAP NetWeaver

• SAP ERP

• SAP SCM

• SAP SRM

• SAP CRM

Upgrade

• a "straight" upgrade for SAP Business Suite (upgrade from SAP ERP 2004 to SAP ERP 6.0, for example) is not supported by Maintenance Optimizer

• Upgrade with an Installation of an Enhancement Package is supported for SAP ERP, SAP SCM, SAP SRM and SAP CRM

from what i understand - Upgrade with an Installation of an Enhancement Package is not supported for bw systems (or netweaver or pre netweaver systems)

so basically i won't be asked to put in any xml file during upgrade?

only key / password

Regards,

Moshe

0 Kudos

Hi Moshe..

How did you solve this issue????

Did you upgrade to SAP BW 7.01 or 7.02????

Guillermo

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The upgrade to Netweaver 7.02 and higher is supported by Maintenance Optimizer. In theory you should be able to see the uprade option for your BW system.

I am not too sure about the technical reasons, but Netweaver upgrade to 7.01 is not supported.

In case you want to upgrade to Netweaver 7 or 7.01, a good option is to get the stack at http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ