cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification needed on the cardinality of any value node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one clarify me, when and how to decide the cardinality of any node.

Thanx in advance.

Regards

Dipendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A node is a container for node elements. The cardinality determines how many elements <b>may be </b>contained at runtime in a node.

0:1 = at most one

1:1 = exactly one

0:N = any number

1:N = at least one

For 1:1 and 1:N, the framework guarantees that there is always at least one element in a node. You can rely on this and don't need to create an element in your application.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you elaborate more on you what exactly is your requirement.

Cardinality decision depends on how many minimum and maximum no. of elements the node must have.

If the node has to have at least one element then you should go for the cardinality 1..n

If the node must have only one element then you should go for the cardinality 1..1.Here you can not add further elements.

If the node should have at most one element then you should go for the cardinality 0..1.

If the node can have any no of elements then you should go for the cardinality 0..n.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cardinality basically determines how many(max or min) number of node elements u r going to ahve at ur run time.

1. 0..n

2. 1..n

3. 1..1

4. 1..n

are the tyeps of cardinality...

so u need to haev minumum of 1 in case of 3 and 4 types

Hope u got it.

theja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theja,

Thanx for ur quick response. But can u tell me , if I have one table and on the lead selection I need to display the corresponding details in another table.

So, in ths case how to decide what shouls be tha cardinality.

Regards

Dipendra