cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Inspection Characteristic tot text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have inspection characteristics which now are nummeric values only. We would like to change this caracteristic to a text value. At this moment we can only enter nummeric values beut we need also to fillin alphanummeric value. Is there a way tot change the inspection characteristic toe enter alphanummeric values

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to QS29 and define an alphanumeric number range for MIC and obviously it will be external number range.

But be sure that the existing MICs cannot be changed. The change in the number range will be effective from the upcoming created MICs.

partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parta,

I think I was not clear. I dont need a extranal number for the Characteristic itself. I need to change te vaule input. Now we can only give an numeric input value but we need an alphanumeic input value as wel.

Greetings

Dimitri

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot use an alphanumeric input for MIC's. You can only use numeric, (quantitative tests), or catalogs, (qualitatvie tests). You can enter an alphanumeric in the inspection description of course but that doesn't populate batch records. However, depending on what folks are recording it can sometimes be acceptable.

FF