cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the follwing mapping issues.Can you please help me?

1.I am mapping the Source field to the Target field with the conversion rule as the output should be in the date format as YYYYMMDD.But when I test it it shows the input format as 2010 while the output becomes 2009.

That is

Source->DateTransformationFunction->Target

In the DateTransformation function I have set teh parametrs as

Input date format YYYYMMDD

Output date format YYYYMMDD

When I right click on the DateTransformationFunction and select Display Queue it gives me the output as Input as 2010 and the output as 2009 while the output is also giving the same output as 2009.

2.The field of an IDOC should have values 31|20 ,that is 31 before the pipeline and 20 after the pipeline,I have directly mapped the source and target fieldsa and I am getting only one value that is 31|20 for the field.How can I get the value 31 before pipeline and 20 after the pipeline.Ths should be done for the one text qualifier,while in the mappingi it is showing to be done for the first one found?

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Shweta Kullkarni on Jul 19, 2010 9:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

As I see that the sender and receiver date formats are same. So, there is no need to use Datatrans function over here. You can directly map the field to the target.

I am not sure about the second question posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shweta,

with DateTransformationFunction, I recommand you to use letters with the good uppercase / lowercase, depending on what you want exactly. Have a look on "D" and "d"... it's not really the same!

This help is for Class SimpleDateFormat but rules are the same (I already tested them many times!)

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17476_01/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html

Regards.

Mickael

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
conversion rule as the output should be in the date format as YYYYMMDD
Source->DateTransformationFunction->Target

In the DateTransformation function I have set teh parametrs as 
Input date format YYYYMMDD
Output date format YYYYMMDD

Both, source and target date formats look the same.....why are you using the DateTrans function then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

1. To use date Transformarion function i would suggest you to first confirm what is the date format of the date with incoming Test data. And accordingly specify the value for "Input date format " . the problem you are facing might be because u are putting incorrect input date format.

2. This point is not much clear to me . But you can use substring function or UDF to achive this.

Thanks,

Jyoti