cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control inspection lot in QM view of material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this is regarding the setting for control inspection in QM view of material master.

can anyone give me a prictical example of

1. 'X' An inspection lot for each purchase order item/order item

2. '1' An inspection lot for each material document and material

3. '2' An inspection lot for each material and batch

If my requirement is to create one inspection lot out of several batches made from a production order( eg, 10 batches are created, only 1st one needed for RR and UD), which one should I use?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for replying.

If I set 'X' An inspection lot for each purchase order item/order item in QM view and doing 10 partial confirmations against one prod order, should not I get only one lot for 1st one?

I am getting 10 lots in my case. Any further config required?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using HU's? Not all functions of the control inspection lots work with HU's.

Yes, If you did 10 receipts against the exact same order item and PO you should get one lot. But i believe if you specify a differerent batch number on the same item, you'll still get separate inspections lot. The single inspection lot will only apply to inspection of non-batch managed materials. SAP can only have one batch per lot.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the concept of batch comes when there are some property changes (property in terms of business, that may be quality or something else). if you are confirming production order partially, it means there is something that changes with batches. that's why std sap does not allow to create single lot though all those batches have been created from same production order.

and henceforth, your requirement cannot be fulfilled by any config. you can try for development.

partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnali,

If you are looking for STD sap functionality it is not possible to create one inspection lot for 10 batches coming out of one production order.

If it is really needed then it is possible through Dev only. Tray to find suitable user exit and give the logic to trigger one inspection in quality.

Thanks

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not possible to create one inspection lot for 10 batches coming out of one production order.

if it would have been one batch and same production order and multiple GR of production order, your requirement would have been fulfilled.

partha