cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while cancelling the Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

The Billing document was raised on a wrong customer on may month. Now that was realized, and that invoice was canceled but wrongly the date was given as may month. The FI period was closed for may month and the current period is july. So they canceled the canceled invoice. Now while trying to cancel the original invoice in VF11, the system continues to say 'the invoice was already cancelled'.

How to cancel the invoice?

Kindly help

Regards

Gansub

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You cann't canceled the cancel invoice and your canceled invoice is not canceled that is why it is showing the original one as

canceled.

What u can do is to raise invoce on month of may and cancel it in the date you have created the original invoice and now create

the billing document on date you want.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit

We cannot raise invoice in the month of may again. Since FI period is closed for that month. We want to cancel the original invoice properly so that the effect takes place in GLs as well.

Regards

Gansub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh

The invoice is not canceled properly. Thats y we ve tried to cancel the canceled invoice. The corresponding preceding document is not open. It says fully invoiced.

Pl help

Regards

Gansub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When a cancellation billing document is cancelled, the indicator

"billing document was canceled" (field VBRK-FKSTO) remains set

for the billing document it is based on. This has the following

consequences:

- The chain of documents for this action is closed. Another

document needs to be created via a credit or debit memo. Since

- the reference document (sales document or delivery note) has

been finally billed,

- the original billing document has already been canceled.

This is not a SAP error, but a restriction of cancel of cancellation

billing document.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghavendra

So, what can be the way out? The objective is to cancel the original invoice created. That is the invoice being generated on the wrong customer. Unnecessarily books of accounts shows debit to that customer. My client wants to reverse this invoice.

What can be the way out?

Regards

Gansub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is typically a process issue. There are a few things I think you can do...

a. If the invoice has reached customer already (bcoz it was raised in the month of May), then, as you now cannot cancel as there has been a lot of wrong entries, you an create a credit memo either from SD side or from FI side so that the customer a/c is balanced and it will not show any AR balance.

b. Raise a debit memo request against the right customer and invoice it.

I think you have to work with your Finance people to be in concurrence before you take up he above process.

Thanks

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ve created a credit memo request/credit memo with reference to that billing document.

Hence resolved.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Gansub

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check following links for understanding

-

-

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot Reverse/Cancel the Cancelled invoice

As you said already the Original Invoice was canceled, you can create the Billing document with the Delivery document again using VF01

VF11 is used to cancell the documents

check this and revert

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanosh

Thanks for instant response!

The original invoice was not properly canceled. Let me put this way. The reversal in the accounting part did not happen. That is because the may period is not open. So we tried to cancel the 'canceled document' so that we can try cancel the original with current period again.

I hope u ve got what i am trying to convey

Regards

Gansub