Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start in IP41 and IP10

nureya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Hope you are doing fine...Am just entering into PM module for a new client. Am a MM person and really struggling here.

1) What is the use of the Start button in IP41. In my current client they are asking me to not to hit the START BUTTON while saving IP 41 . But they are asking me to go to IP10 and there they are asking me to give the Start button. What difference does it make to start the maintenance plan in IP41 (or) IP10. What is the idea behind not starting the maintenance plan and then again scheduling it in IP10? Please explain.

2) Also what is "Start in cycle" and Restart used in IP10

3) What is the difference between IP10 and IP30?

Thanks,

Sylvia

Edited by: Sylvia Hernandez on Jul 19, 2010 7:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nureya
Participant
0 Kudos

dfad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

IP41 is used to have single cycle plan, where as IP10 is scheduling of single maintenance plan.

start in cycle at IP10 is to have counter to start your maintennace plan.

i mean to say for example, if your equipment frequency is monthly, quaterly, yearly. if you already done monthly maintenance but you want SAP should generate maintenance orders from quaterly onwards, in that case for that particular maintenance plan if you use start in cycle you can set system to generate new orders with quaterlky chceks and continues as follows.

IP30 is dead line monitoring where you can set all your maintenance plans in background for scheduling.

first create variants for your plans and use programme RISTRA20 to set it in background.

Using IP30 you can generate maintenanc eorders for all your plans, where as IP10 is to generate for single plan.

Hope you got an idea.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. You will get Start in Cycle in IP41 when you create MP .. here it is only for information purpose and the actual starting of the plan takes place in IP10 here again you get the pop up by clicking start , where you can make any changes if required before shceduling ..

2. Start in Cycle : Actually when you schdule the MP for the first time in IP10 you need to use start option in IP10 and if you again want to restart the MP with some new start date then you need to use restart option ..

3.IP10 : This is used for Schduling one single MP

1P30 : Deadline Monitoring : This is used for Scheduling multiple maintenance plans and in this the value which you enter in field "Interval for Call Objects " is taken into account to generate call objects for all the on hold calls..

regrds

pushpa