cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exactly-Once Handling in Receiver JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have doubt abt Exactly-Once Handling in Receiver JDBC Adapter.

For Conflict Resolution as Database.

Why there is need to define table as below ?

In the database where the write-to tables are located you must create an additional table with two columns for this purpose. To define the table, specify the following:

Database Table Name

Enter the name of the table.

Key Column Name

Enter the name of the column in which the key is entered.

Value Column Name

Enter the name of the column in which the key value is entered.

Please explain in simple language.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Lets say If I created the table with name "XIMessageIDTable" in the application DB.

Could you please help me to provide what will be the value for below three field.

Database Table Name

Key Column Name

Value Column Name

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdur,

Please have a look into the weblink given below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

So, that you will get an idea how to keep the values and the paramters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishake,

Thanks for your reply.

I understant that the tables needs to be created in DB.

But if you read the SAP Docs for conflict resolution. My undestanding is "During Database commit if AS Java is terminated then the message will be in unknown state, for this type of messgaes when the AS Java restarted the behaviour is defined by this parameters. If the message doesn't have primary key, then there is probablity when AS Java will try second time it may get the message in DB so a message can be duplicated. To avoid this condition it is mentioned that you must create additional table with three column".

Please correct my understanding if I am wrong.

My additional table needs to create & how it will resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have two data sources (the PI message system DB and your application DB) and you cannot commit or rollback both at once, you always have to worry about how to update these database sources.

One possible workaround will be to create a table in your application DB with the same uniqueness key (XI message ID) as the PI messaging. In this case, you can avoid duplicates in your application DB even the PI messaging system retransmits the same message again when something goes wrong previously before successfully setting its delivery status.

Regards, Yza

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
To define the table, specify the following:

The table is normally defined in the DB and through XI we just insert/ update/ delete/ select data from the table.

I would suggest that you ask the Business Consultant on what the exact requirement is!

Regards,

Abhishek.