cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Charectaristics Dependencies - (Material & Description)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

can any one pls advice on how to create a dependency between 2 characteristics for DMS?

one is for the Material Number and the other is for that Material Description.

i want that when i input a material number into the first characteristic it's material description will automatically be filled in the second characteristic.

Have a nice day.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yossi,

This can be easily achieved using the concept of dependencies.

Dependencies are meant to control the dependencies of value of one characteristic on the value of another characteristic, or dependencies within characteristic etc.

Classification module supports the following types of dependencies:

· Precondition

· Selection condition

· Actions (obsolete)

· Procedures

· Constraints

In your case,suggest use Pecondition dependancy. Learn more about its application from:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/LOVC/LOVC.pdf

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yossi,

It depends on how you are picking up the material numbers. If these values are maintained in value fields then give object dependacy to description.

If you have picked material values from table MARA then description will not come and dependacy can't be given. For this you need to write a z-program.

I hope thiswill resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

unfortunatlly i am picking up my material values into the charectarisitc from Mara table,

can you please give me the guidelines in order to write the z-program that will put the material description in another charectaristic?

thank you for your answer,

have a nice day,

Yossi.