cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Setup Transport on Windows Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup a transport between two systems. I have done it inthe past in Unix but never done it in Windows. It is kinda difficult for me in Windows.

Can you please help me understand the setup.

Server 1. >> PC1

Server 2. >> PC2

I have made PC1 a domain controller and shared its /usr/sap/trans to PC2. Also updated TMS parameters in PC2 pointing DIR_TRANS to PC1/usr/sap/trans, but It is not showing up in PC1 (domain controller)

Your help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Afi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I belive if u have unshare PC2 /usr/sap/trans & mapped
saptranshost (PC1) a /usr/sap/trans forlders of PC1, set the parameter set hostname of PC1. Also have a look at 28781.

Regards;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I unshare /usr/sap/trans then would the transport going to connect?

PC1 >> DOMAIN CONTROLLER and Shared /usr/sap/trans

PC2 >> added into a domina and mapped /usr/sap/trans of PC1.

In Domain Controller -> STMS -> PC2 is not showing up. I have read the SAP notes but I'm unable to connect or see PC2 in a domain controller (PC1).

Thanks,

Afi

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the Server where you want to share \usr\sap\trans for the landscape( I assume Server1 or PC1 in your terms), login as windows domain admin ( or with admin rights) --> right click my computer --> Manage --> click on Local Users and Groups --> Double click on administrators --> and add users of SAPService<SID> of the other server ( your Server 2 or PC2) and clock pk Ok.

This should resolve the problem.

Concept is, giving other server to read and write access to shared drive of Transport directory. There can be no. of days do implement it depending on in House Windows Skills and Secuirty audits, but the above method works.

Thanks,

Krishna