cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV grid Refresh problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have 2 views, input and output these two included in a MAIN views.

when user key in their input values in INPUT view and the search results will be displayed in OUTPUT view using ALV grid.

the problem i'm facing here is, when user changes search criteria once after search results displayed.. it is not displaying with new search results. every time i have to give F5(Refresh) it is certainly not comfortable to deliver it as it is.

i have tried same scenario with simple query in our local server.. where it is working very well.

i really clueless what would be the cause.. is there any with SAP patch issues.

i have tried with refresh method of ALV component.

please help me out of this, i cannot use TABLE control every time to avoid this.

thanks,

gupta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

FLSaito
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

Try to set the parameter ONLY_IF_NEW_DESCR of the method SET_DATA to abap_false, i had a similar problem when using different aggregation rules:

lo_interfacecontroller->set_data(

only_if_new_descr = abap_false

r_node_data = lo_nd_nd_alv_result ).

att.

Fabio Saito

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Fabio Saito,

thanks for help, it worked for me. after implemented this i got new issue, the alv header texts are initialiesed to original state.

the header texts setting, i did it in WDDOINT. to reflect the texts again now i copied the code in serach event action. but if i do so it will execute for every search execution. i want to avoid it. let me know suggetions.

thanks,

gupta.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

Could you please let us know how you are filling the context node which is mapped to ALV table?

After the search criteria is changed, if you are doing it inside handler of the button or something like that, it should work.

Refer to the tutorial in the following link which shows an example similar to your scenario:

please post the code also which you are using to fill the node in case if you still face the issue after referring to the above tutorial.

Hope this helps!

Regards.

Srilatha

Edited by: Srilatha M on Jul 19, 2010 7:57 AM