cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap on clustring

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i have 2 server with windows 2003 Ent. on it with clustering configured. and now i want to install MS SQL 2005 on it as database .

what i want to know that do i have to configure any services on the NODE's or in clustering before installation of MS SQL .

if so then how .

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u all

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have any db installed at present in the cluster?

Best to install system from scratch according to SAP installation guides

www.service.sap.com/instguides

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's a fresh installation ,

Windows was installed ,and clustring was also implement on it . nothing else beside this is installed on it, want to install MS Sql n after that SAP ERP 6.

tell me about the services to be enabled before n after the MS sql and SAP installation on windows , i am continuesly reading the document for installing sap on windows with mssql downloaded from service.sap.com. but i have some dought which are not clear in that documentation of sap , b'se it's production system i want to take every prequaction.

help me out

thanks in advance

Edited by: grewal77 on Jul 19, 2010 8:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Move all the resource under NODEA

2) Install MSSQL 2005.(it will ask for NODEA & NODEB details) - No need to install seperate in NODEB

3) Restart the system.

4) Move all the resouse under NODEA

5) Install SAP (CI+DB)

6) Run NODEA for MSCS option in SAPinst.

7) Move all the resourse under NODEB

😎 Run NODEB for MSCS option in SAPinst.

9) Post-installation steps.

Note:1) whenever you are restarting the system you need to move all the resourse into NODEA.

2) Read the installation guide for use of IP numbers (Private & Public)

Thanks and Regards,

Jibin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Jibin Singh for replying .

it's good to know about the steps for installing mssql or sap on clustring .

but what i want to know that are there any specific services to enable before the mssql or sap installation or during or in post installation .n what service to instal on the node or what on the cluster.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During installation SAPINST will automatically create cluster groups (SAPGROUP & DBGROUP) so you don´t need to do much except for some post installation steps. You won´t need to create any service manually but some steps post installation are necesary.

BUT, I strongly recomend to carefully follow the instructions provided in the Installation guide because there you will find all the steps clearly written and described. Things like IP preparation for the cluster, how to check if cluster is correctly configured and some other important considerations are there so It is much better to carefully read at the documentation.