cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to shorten URL of Sender Http adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in a HTTP-BPM-R3 scenario I have given the below adress to a 3rd party application which is goiing to trigger BPM:

http://<server>:<ABAP-port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&version=3.0&Sender.Service=<YourService>&Interf...

However they say that their tools doesnt allow to enter more than 127 char as URL. So they asked me to shorten it. Is it possible?

Of course I can shorten ns,interface, user, pass length (and by using synch interface the last part can be chopped off) but I wonder how to get rid of "&version=3.0" or user/password for a specific interface. Or is there any other solution inside PI like in ICM or somewhere defining a URL mapping/routing and converting a tiny URL to URL above?

PI: nw2004s SP20.

Any help will be appreciated...

Best Regards,

Edited by: FIT CONSULTANT on Jul 17, 2010 9:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sap-user and sap-password are not needed if you are using HTTP Basic Authentication. The user/pass will travel in the Authentication header.

-Russ

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this can be easily achieved at the web dispatcher level. contact your basis/network team.they can definitely help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Shabarish, I want to look at before basis team. Could you please show me how can I do that, any trx code, file, table?

Regards,

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not sure about that info since its a BASIS server level config.

In the requirement i had, they had installed a WebDispatcher (standalone) to take care of the shortening.

I dont think its a tcode specific setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

My problem is not resolved (I did not try the dispatch configuration) I shortened the URL by shortening the namespace. Now I have a different problem thread:

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested again without using "&version=3.0", it also works (if there is no side effects)...

I am waiting for your ideas about other parts...

Thanks.