cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating project planning software with business planning systems (PLM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there

I have been trying to obtain information about "integrating project planning systems with business planning systems (ERP, PLM)" but I could not find any proper source. Would you help me out on this?

I would like to focus on what benefits can be expected from a close integration of project planning

tools and enterprise information systems such as ERP and what evidence is there that

this is being exploited. If you can help me out with proper sources, I would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Edited by: warhammer on Jul 16, 2010 10:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Warhammer,

SAP has solution for this.

SAP cProjects and PS can be used for project planning and execution.....

SAP has another solution xRPM which is integrated with these tools. Suppose your company has n number of projects which are grouped at a higher level into Buckets or Initiatives and Portfolio.

In a portfolio say IT, Healthcare, FMCG all the related projects information can be directly drilled down to minute level. All the collective information for the entire portfolio can be visualized by the top level management using the PS< cProjects and BI Integration.

Regards

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad

I have been trying to find a proper integration between the existing project planning tool (such as MS Project) and the one that an ERP system provides, and this is the ones that you mentioned in your reply I suppose.

I would like to evaluate and criticise such integration with its advantages and disadvantages so that it will be able to be reached that if it is going to be an advantageous integration on behalf of the company.

Is there any source or any case that you can provide? How can I obtain such information?

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Warhammer,

Please find some useful info in the following links.

1.http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=56766

2.http://directory.partners.extranet.microsoft.com/collateral/4956/MSP_SAP_Integration_TheProjectGroup_e-v1.ppt.

Regards

Prasad K

Edited by: Prasad K on Jul 19, 2010 5:28 AM

Edited by: Prasad K on Jul 19, 2010 5:32 AM

Edited by: Prasad K on Jul 19, 2010 5:32 AM