cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send news to certain devices only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mobile Gurus,

Transaction MI_SYNEWS can send system news to all devices. However, I need to find a way to send news to certain mobile groups or certain devices only. Can you kindly help with the approach to use here?

Based on investigation so far, I believe the two tables below store systems news data: MISYNDEV and MISYNMSG.

On the other hand, the two FMs below are being used to send system news via synchronization: MI_SYNEWS_SYNC and MI_SYNEWS_SYNC_WRP.

Any inputs on a possible approach on how to send system news to certain mobile groups will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much for you consideration. Have great day.

Best regards.

Brando

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not an expert on this but would like to suggest below solution.

Create a custom table and in that table store only those device details to whom you need information to be sent.

Modify the code to send the system news to the devices in the custom table only.

You may want to develop a screen as well which will let you choose wether to send the information to all the devices or only to specific devices as specified in custon table.

Regards

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Thank you very much. I was also thinking the approach that you mentioned. I was planning to create a custom Sync BO / FMs, custom new transaction that will include mobile group for sending of new and custom table that will include Mobile Group and Device ID. But my problem is that I could not find the corresponding Sync BO for the two FMs. I also put breakpoints on the two FMs but debugger does not open during synchronization. I was thinking that the two FMs are being triggered in background.

Do you happen to know the Sync BO that I can check for the two FMs? Thanks again for your inputs.

Best regards

Brando

akila_sangili
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following steps could help.

Create custom SyncBO of type S01,T01 or T51 (best suited for downloads) Using transaction merep_sbuilder and enter the SyncBO ID and add the additional logic that you want to achieve in the synchronizer function module which could be the FM MI_SYNEWS_GetList.

Save and regenerate the Synchronizer by activating the SYNCBO.

Regards,

Akila Sangili.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your inputs on this. Thanks.

Best regareds.

Brando

0 Kudos

Hi Brando,

Please go through below usefull link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/ac/26b696895f40688962a0373714084e/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi