cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Processing Indicator in Sales Order Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

Does anyone know which version of R3 the special processing indicator (VBKD-SDABW) was added. I work in an environment which has 4.5, 4,7 and ECC6 installed and I have been asked to rollout a process that is working on a 4.7 instance to the 4.5 system that uses this field. It doesn't appear to be there in 4.5 it only appears in shipments.

I can't find this mentioned in release notes so any information will be gratefully received!

Thanks

Rachel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rachel

Special Processing Indicator was introduced in 4.0 A in the then Transportation section of SD Implementation guide.

It was brought into the Sales order- Shipping tab in Release 4.6A.

See this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46b/helpdata/en/59/a5823767889964e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

I think the best options for you would be to:

1) Contact SAP to get the requisite enhancement package to implement Special Processing Indicator in 4.5 A screens and tables.

2) Enhance it yourself using the concept (Data element, Domain, addition to table/screens) from your release 4.7 environment.

For option 2, I found an OSS note which talks about BAPI enhancements to add this field, parts of which may be useful to you.

381776 - Shpg. type+special process. indic. not maintainable via BAPI

By the way, why are you going back on releases?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks that gives me the answer I need.

We aren't going back in releases - we have 5 instances around the world that will eventually get merged into one.

At the moment we are trying to implement global processes but this is not so easy with 3 different versions of R3.