cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

decentral adapter engine questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's,

My customer's XI 3.0 system has interfaces to 30 partners, almost all using the SOAP adapter. It turns out that when XI sends a high volume of messages to one partner and this partner is not responding (system down, network issues, etc.) all messages to the other 29 systems are blocked/timing out in the soap adapter because this adapter cannot deliver it's messages to the misbehaving partner.

Therefor the customer wants to have a dedicated AE for business critical processes. They claim they need a decentral adapter engine to achieve this.

My question: is that the best solution in this case? The customer has a CI and DI on different hosts and thus already two AE. Can't they make use of that to split important/less important traffic to their partners?

Assume the DAE is needed anyway. We want to install that on the same hardware as the XI system itself, because most of the connectivity is already in place.

Question: Does this DAE need it's own SID or can it use the same SID as XI itself with a unique instance number? If the DAE needs it's own SID, then I need to create a database as well (+ backup + database maintenance)...

There is also the requirment to use 2048-bit certificates. The current XI 3.0 supports only 1024-bit, NW 7.00 supports 2048-bit. Is it supported by SAP to have a XI 3.0 system with a NW 7.00 Decentral Adapter Engine?

Thanks and Regards,

Rob Veenman

SAP Basis.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

I can't answer all your questions but I can offer some tips that will help improve the performance and perhaps you will not need to install the DAE.

1) you can increase the number of queues/threads available to the SOAP adapter. This will help with performance issues in high load situations.

See the blog: /people/kenny.scott/blog/2007/08/20/messaging-system-queue-properties-after-xi-30-sp19-xi-70sp11 for details on how to do this.

2) apply note #1136790 Blocking receiver channel may affect the whole adapter type. The parameter in this note will help prevent a problem with one SOAP channel, for example, blocking all your other SOAP channels. This will allow other interfaces to operate as normal if the high load interface has problems.

See the blog: /people/kenny.scott/blog/2008/12/05/xipi-file-and-jdbc-receiver-adapter-performance-and-availability-improvements

You should be on a SP higher than SP20 to avail of the functionalities in points 1 and 2 above.

3) also ensure note #937159 XI Adapter Engine is stuck. This will help with the Adapter Engine performance.

Maybe some of the other forum users can help you with your other questions.

Regards

Mark