Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use data type enhancement in XSLT mapping in XI

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working on SNC and I need to add an element to a data type. I have created a data type enhancemnet with the element in it. Now I need to get this into my XSLT mapping. I have tried creating a message type but the data type enhancement is not recognized.

Are data type enhancements only for proxies? Can they be used in an XSLT or graphical mapping in XI?

Thanks

David Pauley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no limitation like Data type enhancement will work for only proxy,as per my understanding.

When every you extended your data type.the changes will be definitely reflect on message mapping or any other mapping.

even you need to change your mapping for extended element.

Regards,

Raj

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for replying.

I just need to make sure that I am understanding you. You are saying that the message type and service interface automatically see the changes? I don't have to do anything else but create the data type enhancement?

Thanks again,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

After looking the explanation given in this link it seems that we use only this for SAP applications and that can handle with proxies only. Take a look at DTE in java in this link. It is also talking about java proxies. So I would think this can be used with proxies only.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a8/bfc6373c8fea43bdb3541535bcbd43/content.htm

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

The solution is that you cannot use this solution when modifying a message mapping of any kind.

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Upon further investigation I found that Data Type Enhancements can be used with any message mapping. There are a couple of things that you must get right. First when creating the Data Type Enhancement make sure you use the namespace for your custom SWC that you created. Next make sure that in the Ehancement for Data Type you use the SAP supplied data type name and namespace. It also seems that your data type enhancement name, mapping name, and operational mapping name must have the Z_ prefix. Save and activate, then go to system which owns the enhancement and go to SPROXY, you should see your custom SWC and under that you should see your enhanced data type, mapping, and operational mapping. Activate and modify methods as needed here.