cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter the cost center from DIP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

A particular set of cost center range say from (2000 to 3000) is not billable so I would like to filter it out from DIP profile & I am using resource related billing.

Now I selected the usage and in the characteristic section I choose the character cost center and ticked the check box( character. releveant and material determination.) Now in Material detrm I selected the material service and in the criteria I can see the cost centre as character.

Now I created one set and assigned the cost center range say from ( 1000 to 1999) and in second line from 3001 to 9999.

Now I am doing posting using one cost cente as 2500 and one as 3500 ( both are existing in SAP) and when I am running DP91 am getting the message no expenditure found but when I am removing the set of cost center am not getting any error.

I have created and changed the set using( ABAP and report dictionary) but no impact. same is happening in all cases.

Any pointers

Regards

Ashu

Edited by: ashutosh p on Jul 16, 2010 4:50 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ashutosh,

Any pointers

To be frank, I have not worked on Resource related billing scenario but seeing your issue in context to DIP profile i would suggestion to first find out the package of DP91 and then check out if any exits you are getting in SE80 with that package. Then please reach out to ABAPer to test all the Exits you have identified so that the most accurate one can be listed out.

Then you can place your logic for Cost center series in that Exits. Kindly try out this exercise and do let me know your observations on this. Below i am also providing you a link on DIP profile containing details of Exits too.

[DIP PROFILE|http://pjatkin.users.btopenworld.com/documents/DP90_Documentation.pdf]

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarthak,

Thanks for your reply.

But I would like to know that if it is possible thro config or not.

One more point I would like to add here.

In the matrl. determination -->criteria section cost element , document type and external cost type as characteristics and mostly we do MM and FI posting to pull back the material in DMR.

But if I am adding cost center then activity type would be needed or not means in characteristics i can use the combo cost center/activity type and would need to remove document type and cost element. Is there any restriction or I can choose any number of characteristics in In the matrl. determination -->criteria .

Please suggest how can I filter the cost center from DIP profile so that it would not come in billing DP91.

Any pointers.

Regards

Ashutosh

Edited by: ashutosh p on Jul 17, 2010 8:16 AM

Edited by: ashutosh p on Jul 19, 2010 6:22 AM

Edited by: ashutosh p on Jul 19, 2010 8:07 AM

Edited by: ashutosh p on Jul 20, 2010 7:53 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed