cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB copy with loadercli

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to copy an old MaxDB instance to a new system which is newly installed and sdb created

Export was well done with loadercli, but for import with same loadercli, i got following message:

Error during execution

-->-25392

'[SAP AG][LIBSQLOD SO][MaxDB] Base table or view already exists;-6000 POS(15) Duplicate table name:COMPONENTS0001'

Do i have to drop or delete something before import or is there any "force option" to add to my loadercli command

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Didier,

I guess you import CATALOG as well as DATA? If so and the database already contains tables named like the ones found in your CATALOG file you get the error you observe. There is no such function like FORCE to have the Loader dropping those existing objects for you - you have to do it yourself. But - how come that you set up a new instance and have the tables already in there? Sure that you do not reimport into your old instance?

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply

I proceeded with Note 962019 - System copy of MaxDB Content Server Storage.pdf and both with export file as with import file, Catalog and Data are considered

"/sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -n chc1s007 -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_EXPORT.sql" on system A (chc1s007)

"/sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -n chc1s017 -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_IMPORT.sql" on system B (chc1s017)

I confirm that export was done on old system A but import was tried on new system B

System B has been installed from scratch with a new Content Server 6.40 et MaxDB 7.6.01 kit

Sorry, but i could'nt find more documentation about Content Server database copy and even about deleting table or object before import, i am very light

Best regards

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> "/sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -n chc1s007 -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_EXPORT.sql" on system A (chc1s007)

> "/sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -n chc1s017 -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_IMPORT.sql" on system B (chc1s017)

> I confirm that export was done on old system A but import was tried on new system B

> System B has been installed from scratch with a new Content Server 6.40 et MaxDB 7.6.01 kit

> Sorry, but i could'nt find more documentation about Content Server database copy and even about deleting table or object before import, i am very light

Ok, there are already two mistakes in your procedure!

1. Install the current MaxDB patch before doing the export! (that's 7.6.06 Build 11 right now).

And yes, it's not on the installation kit for content server but needs to be installed separately.

It's just like this - live with it and install the patch!

2. The note is very specific about that the export/import needs to be done by the same (!!!!) loadercli binary.

So you have to run loadercli on the SAME machine for both import and export.

One of the actions will be via network in any case!

The easiest option might be to perform the export with the loadercli from the target machine.

regards,

Lars

steffen_schildberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

I got the impression that you installed a complete Content Server on the target system. If this is the case and the installation also creates tables (even if they stay empty) on the database here might be the problem. The note 962019 states to install the database software on the target system and then to import the tables and data. If you already have a repository on the target system the import will fail while creating tables that already exist.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lars

Thanks for your interest

I have updates MaxDB client on two systems A and B ( 7.6.06.11 64 bit ) and run again loadercli as following command:

achc1us007h: sdb> /sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -n chc1s007 -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_EXPORT.sql

export took 5 hours

and from same server

achc1us007h: sdb> /sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -n chc1s017 -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_IMPORT.sql

Issue is same:

Error during execution

-->-25392

'[SAP AG][LIBSQLOD SO][MaxDB] Base table or view already exists;-6000 POS(15) Duplicate table name:COMPONENTS0001'

here is my SDB_EXPORT.sql

EXPORT USER

catalog outstream file '/SDB_export/SAPR3.cat'

data outstream file '/SDB_export/SAPR3.data' PAGES

package outstream file '/SDB_export/SAPR3.pack' csv

here is my SDB_IMPORT.sql

IMPORT USER

catalog instream file '/SDB_export/SAPR3.cat'

data instream file '/SDB_export/SAPR3.data' PAGES

package outstream file '/SDB_export/SAPR3.pack' csv

What do you think about that ?

Regards

Didier

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm... ok, as this is a content server system copy, it'll be better to open a support message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your proposal

Another way is to restore from backup and change SID as NOTE 604680 - Renaming an SAP DB or liveCache instance.pdf

I will try this solution

Regards

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for your proposal

> Another way is to restore from backup and change SID as NOTE 604680 - Renaming an SAP DB or liveCache instance.pdf

??? Sorry, but note 962019 explicitely mentions: If you can use backup/restore than don't use the loadercli approach.

Why did you try to export/import the data anyhow, if you're staying on the same platform?

Anyhow - good luck with the system copy!

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using below for import from target system

=========================================================================================

achc1us007h: sdb> /sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -n chc1s017 -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_IMPORT.sql

========================================================================================

It's incorrect because you are doing import to souce system as you are using -n chc1s017 .

So use correct syntax as mentioned in note also ( do not use -n chc1s017)

achc1us007h: sdb> /sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_IMPORT.sql

Thanks

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> You are using below for import from target system

> =========================================================================================

> achc1us007h: sdb> /sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -n chc1s017 -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_IMPORT.sql

> ========================================================================================

>

> It's incorrect because you are doing import to souce system as you are using -n chc1s017 .

WRONG.

the -n option just denotes the server name of the database server.

You can provide it whether or not this server is the local one or not.

If it is the local one, we will recognize it and create a local (IPC) connection instead.

Anyhow, this has nothing to do with the problem disucssed in this thread.

> So use correct syntax as mentioned in note also ( do not use -n chc1s017)

>

> achc1us007h: sdb> /sapdb/programs/bin/loadercli -d Q22 -u SAPR3,SAP -b /tmp/sdbcopy/SDB_IMPORT.sql

This set of command parameters is not more correct than the one above.

It's just that this 'correct' one does only work on the local machine and not remotely.

Hmmm... how do you come to believe this stuff??

regargds,

Lars