Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can MAM be implemented for this scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mobile Experts,

I need some help on this.

I am a newbie in this field.

One of our clients need to Implement Mobile Asset management (MAM) for their business purpose.

Their back end is SAP CRM.

Is it possible?

I have my own doubts.

please let me know.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP MAM can only be used with SAP ERP, Plant Maintenance or Customer Service modules, not with CRM.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin,

However I have a query.

If the SAP CRM has the same Data objects and the business objects which can be used for MAM.

Is it still not possible?

If not, Why??

Kindly let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well the objects like Equipment, Work Order, Business Partner, etc. may look the same but they are actually implemented differently in CRM and ERP. The data structures, fields, function modules and customizing used are different, so you cannot integrate the MAM client application to CRM without major changes, in both the Client and Backend. Otherwise SAP would have offered MAM for CRM a long time ago.

There is the SAP CRM Mobile Service application that has been available for many years but I don't know what is the status of this product. You can find more details here:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/1a/9834ad5d8fe74bb398e2788fa4ecb3/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/1a/9834ad5d8fe74bb398e2788fa4ecb3/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjay -

The SAP-Syclo CRM Service Manager product provides support for the life cycle management of Service Orders (taking them through status changes from RELEASED/INFORMED through COMPLETE) as well as creating confirmations, editing install base information, managing busoiness partners, etc. In addition, the newest release provides integration into ERP for truck stock management (searching for parts, recording consumption, creating stock transfer orders, etc)

Dave