cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting MII 12.1 to SQL Server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm trying to connect SQL Server 2008 using MII 12.1 . SQLJDBC 2.0 is deployed on the server(sqljdbc4.jar). In data servers, I've tried jdbcdriver as com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver and com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver...... the server URL is jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<servername>:1433;databaseName=<dbname>... neither works, IN logs I'm getting the error which says Unable to get a connection from the pool. Does anyone has an idea about how to solve it. I tried searching sdn but couldn't find a similar case.

Thanks,

Musarrat

Edited by: Musarrat Husain on Jul 16, 2010 4:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Musarrat,

have you tried combination

JDBCDriver = com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

ServerURL = jdbc:sqlserver://<address>:1433;databaseName=<DBName>;

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks for replying. Yes I tried the combination suggested by you. But I'm still not able to connect withe same error in log.

unable to get a connection from the pool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some ideas...

- Is the server reachable?

- Can you connect to the database using manual tools (TOAD, MS SQL Server Management Studio etc.) using the URL above?

- Is there a firewall that keeps MII from connecting?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the server is reachable... I'm able to connect to it using management studio ... there's no firewall too

Former Member
0 Kudos

- double check credentials

- be sure that field "InitCommand" is empty (we once found a space in this field which caused problems)

- as a "ValidationQuery" you can use "SELECT GETDATE()"

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your help. On invetigating further, we found out that the sql server is SQL Server 2008 R2, which is not compatible with Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 2.0 . We uploaded Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 3.0(sqljdbc.jar) and now its working fine.

Musarrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Musarrat,

I too struggled to connect to SQL Server 2008. I found that I could not use the sqljdbc4.jar because it requires that Java 1.6 be installed on the server, which is not supported for MII 12.1.

I did manage to connect with both the sqljdbc.jar and una2000.jar drivers, so maybe you want to give that a try.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue with 12.0. See thread below.

[|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

hope you are doing fine. The [MS SQL JDBC Version 2|http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=99B21B65-E98F-4A61-B811-19912601FDC9&displaylang=en] (sqljdbc4.jar) requiered JDK 5 and not 6.

Musarrat,

verify the setting of the MS SQL Port on the MS Server. I saw a lot of time, that this is setup as AUTOMATIC and not at 1433.

BR

Pedro Iglesias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

According to the help documentation that I downloaded with the MSSQL 2008 drivers (sqljdbc_2.0.1803.100_enu.exe), to use the sqljdbc4.jar driver, I would need Java 6 or an exception would be thrown, and indeed, this was the case. I had no success until I used the drivers I indicated.

Good to hear from you!

- Diana

Here is a snippet from the help documentation:

sqljdbc4.jar class library requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) of version 6.0 or later. Using sqljdbc4.jar on JRE 1.4 or 5.0 will throw an exception.

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Jul 16, 2010 2:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Diana,

what help you refering? As you can see from my Link above( MS Homepage ), the Driver 2.0 is for JDK 5 or later.

Also the MS Version 3 support the JDK 5 or later...

Please provide me the link with the help that you meaning.

Ups I verify with my MS-SQL Driver and I am using "SQLJDBC.JAR" and not the "SQLJDBC4.JAR" Maybe this is

the problem. Using the SQLJDBC.JAR will bring no problem on MII 12.1.

You are right for SQLJDBC4.JAR with the JDK Version. This required JRE 1.6.

BR

Pedro Iglesias

Edited by: Pedro Iglesias on Jul 16, 2010 9:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pedro,

This looks like the link I used when downloading the drivers. sqljdbc_2.0.1803.100_enu.exe is the name of the zip file that I downloaded. When extracted, there is a help directory, and I opened the default.htm page. In the System Requirements section, I found this information.

I know that I was not successful using this driver, and I thought perhaps that was the reason. Your expertise is much appreciated!