cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver JDBC CCerror "Could not do TCP/IP Connection to host Manufactured"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to connect to MS SQL server 2000 Database from my PI 7.1 EHP1 server.

Basis team has installed MS SQL 2005 drivers in PI system by downloading it from the below link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c47053eb-3b64-4794-950d-81e1...

Network team has opened the 1433 port.

I installed 2005 drivers as I read it is backward compatible and there are plans of upgrading the SQL 2000 version to 2005 by the DB team.

Now I tried to send the data to the DB i get the below error in the receiver JDBC Communication channel.

Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Es konnte keine TCP/IP-Verbindung mit dem Host hergestellt werden. java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

The parameters which I gave in the CC are

JDBC driver : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Connection: jdbc:sqlserver://<ip>:1433;databasename=<DBname>

Can you please suggest what could be the reason for the issue?

Thanks,

Preethi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The above is issue was solved. The network team did not open the port 1433 properly. They made some mistake in the FW rule.

So, after the port 1433 being opened, I am able to connect to DB from XI server.

Thanks,

Preethi