cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Key for BCUSER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I logged in as BCUSER to the system DEMOSYSTEM (NetWeaver 7.01). When I tried to do something the system asked me to enter access key. I entered 29671482393151224771 but it said u201Cincorrect entryu201D. I double checked the table DEVACCESS, I see this value was entered in the table for uname bcuser. Anyone knows how to fix this problem. Thanks.

Jen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try installing new Licence Key first, then use that Dev key when pop up comes. Refer [How to get a license key for SAP Netweaver 2004s|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bb493f34-0801-0010-a3bc-ce2821492490] for instructions.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

I already installed a new license two days ago. I cross check step by step with the document that you recommend . There is one discrepancy (the rest is the same):

In the area u201CLicenses in the databaseu201D : there is NO column designated for KEY (in my system)

In the area u201CLicenses in the databaseu201D : there is column designated for KEY ( in the document)

Iu2019m still trying to figure out why is that. You have any idea ? Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regard.

Jen.

PS: I checked the attachment sent from las.sap.com. Apparently there is a key in there but not in the form I can use (itu2019s like 100 chars long)

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jul 16, 2010 1:43 PM

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have this KEY column either and I was not prompt to enter any DEV KEY when developing new object.

Are you trying to maintain SAP standard object (not starting with Z* or Y* ) or do you create a custom one? You wont be able to change any standard one unless you provide that object unique key (which is requested from service.sap.com ). Simply try creating any Z* PROGRAM and see.

The attachement you got is probably for NSP licence, not for DEV access. Ensure you have the correct license installed and you are not changing SAP object. If all that fails I am not sure if we can somehow help you.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019m aware that when creating a program starting with a Z will avoid access key prompting. But reading here and there I saw that quite a bit of people brought up the access key question. I have no intention to alter standard objects provided by SAP. But I thought that access key will give you more flexibility when you try to experiment the software NetWeaver 7.01.

I like to wait a bit longer to see any idea coming along. Itu2019s a pleasure to talk with you .

Thanks.

Jen.

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jul 16, 2010 2:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Old license (up to SP8), Key is 24 chars long. This should be installed in tcode slicense by old license mode. New license (SP9 and higher), Digital Key hundreds chars long. This should be installed by new license mode. There is a radio button up there to toggle between these modes.

DEV Key activation, I have no clue. Probably some guys know something that I donu2019t . But having Z, Y are good enough to play around. Jen.

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jul 17, 2010 7:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

regarding "New license (SP9 and higher), Digital Key hundreds chars long. This should be installed by new license mode."

I requested a 90-day license for "SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 ABAP Trial Version" with following acknowledged request (via mail; I only entered: NW SP9 oder above and my HW-ID):

System ID (3 characters): NSP

System number (18 characters): 000000000311413964

System type: Demo system

Software product/release: SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

Hardware key: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Installation number (10 characters): DEMOSYSTEM

Database: MaxDB (former SAPDB)

Valid to (YYYYMMDD): 20101017 (Limited license key)

License key: --> see Attachment

My NSP-File containd a strange SID with the prefix "3D"; furthermore the System number doesn´t fit to my system number (my: 000000000311147814 😞

-

-

Begin SAP License -

-

SAPSYSTEM=3DNSP

HARDWARE-KEY=3DX0189264137

INSTNO=3DDEMOSYSTEM

BEGIN=3D20100718

EXPIRATION=3D20101017

LKEY=XXXXX

SWPRODUCTNAME=3DNetWeaver_ADA

SWPRODUCTLIMIT=3D2147483647

SYSTEM-NR=3D000000000311413964

When I try to install the NSP.txt I get the error-message: "Line 2 of the license key file: the SID must be 3 characters long.

Why did SAP send me a file with a five-character SID ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved my License-File issue: First time I used my GMX-Mail-Account to download the NSP.txt File and the download corrupted the file (I rembered such an similar issue in the past with an other license file form another vendor using my GMX-Mail-Account). I forwarded the mail to an other e-mail account and got the license file without the "3D"-Prefixes inside.

Firthermore I had to edit the license file and changed the System-Nr.

After this: Everything was fine; I prlonged the license 90 days.

For helpful hints see also: /people/neil.gardiner/blog/2009/07/05/sap-netweaver-trial-version-license-renewal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last time when I said old license (upto SP8) Key is 24 chars long, it should be installed by old license mode. Thatu2019s based on my own experience. Following is an example, I display only License Key for connevience since it is the focal point.

License key: VJJBXYQZHJ5O9JYX8X9YCVNC

If I requested (SP9 and higher): License key: --> see Attachment

Inside the attachment, The Key is very long, definitely not for copy and paste operation.

The way to renew license varies from old license (require you to plug in a key 24 chars long, copy and paste into the slot) to new license, all you need to do is hooking up with the attachment where it was downloaded, the system takes care the rest. I also notice a discrepancy in term of the presentation, in old license there is key column, in new license there is not.

But now I read Neil Gardiner blogs. Apparently, a licence from NSP Netweaver 2004 (upto SP8) was installed by new license. Obviously This proves me wrong. So anyone happens to read this, just follow Neil Gardineru2019s blogs (combine with previous document). Very useful.

Many thanks for stepping in. Have a nice day.

Jen

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jul 20, 2010 7:35 PM

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jul 21, 2010 3:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> regarding "New license (SP9 and higher), Digital Key hundreds chars long. This should be installed by new license mode."

> I requested a 90-day license for "SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 ABAP Trial Version" with following acknowledged request (via mail; I only entered: NW SP9 oder above and my HW-ID):

>

> System ID (3 characters): NSP

> System number (18 characters): 000000000311413964

> System type: Demo system

> Software product/release: SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

> Hardware key: XXXXXXXXXXXX

> Installation number (10 characters): DEMOSYSTEM

> Database: MaxDB (former SAPDB)

> Valid to (YYYYMMDD): 20101017 (Limited license key)

>

> License key: --> see Attachment

>

>

> My NSP-File containd a strange SID with the prefix "3D"; furthermore the System number doesn´t fit to my system number (my: 000000000311147814 😞

> -

-

Begin SAP License -

-

> SAPSYSTEM=3DNSP

> HARDWARE-KEY=3DX0189264137

> INSTNO=3DDEMOSYSTEM

> BEGIN=3D20100718

> EXPIRATION=3D20101017

> LKEY=XXXXX

> SWPRODUCTNAME=3DNetWeaver_ADA

> SWPRODUCTLIMIT=3D2147483647

> SYSTEM-NR=3D000000000311413964

>

> When I try to install the NSP.txt I get the error-message: "Line 2 of the license key file: the SID must be 3 characters long.

>

> Why did SAP send me a file with a five-character SID ?

Hi seems to me a encoding problem.

3D in Hex/HTML format is = 'equal' .

if you see in that way you SAPSYSTEM = NSP , HARDWARE-KEY=X0189264137 ..like that

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be the key you entered might belong to a different release. Try to register the user in the SMP with the correct release and installation number.

Regards,

Vijay V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This access key was automatically entered into the table devaccess when the system was installed. Frankly, wrong release doesnu2019t sound logical because it's there for no reason ? (but I might be wrong as well).

I'm not a sap customer.

Kind Regard,

Jen

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have access to SMP? Then you can register this user there. This is the only option when the key is wrong.

Regards,

Vijay V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can't access SMP. I'm not a SAP customer. Jen.

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You said that you tried to do something. What was that? May be it is asking for object access key (ADIRACCESS).

Can you provide the screenshot of the error?

Regards,

Vijay V

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I was playing around with abap or class builder or badi.

Jen.

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to change the Class or BADI? Then this is object access key and not developer acess key. Now you must go to table ADIRACCESS to get the key. In case you don't have the key then you have to request it through the basis guyss.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I checked the table ADIRACCESS, there is an access key 15102012270256316670. I used it, still it doesn't work. I got the same message "incorrect entry". This is a single user system (trial version in my stand alone pc). There is no basic team. I take care from a to z.

I appreciate your help. Jen.

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Jul 16, 2010 12:42 PM