SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Clinical Order (or service request) via HL7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I comprehended how to send Patient data to Lab system via HL7.

Is there any way to send Clinical Order (or Service Request) to lab system?

I suppose it should be HL7 ORM u2013 Order Message.

6 REPLIES 6

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

i.s.h.med supports both the file based HCM communication as well as the HL7 based communication to a departmental system. A typical flow is: Information of patient demographics (ADT), then Order entry including the following parts: Sending order to LIS (ORM), Receiving order information (ORR), Submission of results (ORU), Receiving billing information (DFT).

Regards

Claudius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Claudius!

Sorry, i think we still dont understand clearly the process of integration via HL7. And we have totally lost in the large amount of information. SO to sum up what we got known:

There are several SAP tools that involved in this process:

1.HCM HL7 messages, but standard SAP HL7 is only up to version 2.1. so if we need 2.5, so should we create our own customers messages type and segments etc?

2. Also via XI 7.1 and EhP4 ES Bundles also can be used for HL7 integration. But only for Patient Master Data dispatch, no clinical orders could we find

3. ish med connectivity module includes sample web services for clinical orders (order entry) dispatch.

Our task is to integrate SAP with LAB and PACS systems. System level is 604. new project.

So our general questions are:

1. Which of these tools must be used and in what combination with each other?

2. What tool is responsible and is best to exchange the information about clinical orders via HL7 version 2.5 format?

Thank you a lot in advance

Kind regards

Olga Deyashkina and Dmitry Beshkarev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

i.s.h.med in ERP 6.0 EHP4 features a module [Connectivity|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/46/dff8ffd4fe68dfe10000000a114a6b/content.htm] which allows the communication of a Clinical Order to third party systems as well as the reception of Clinical Orders from third party systems. You might want to follow the link above to read the documentation.

The module itself does not export the clinical order in HL7 format but in the usual XML representation of the Clinical Order. This can be sent to a PI system to be mapped to HL7 messages of an HL7 format of your choice. If you have a suitable 3rd party HL7 adapter in place this design allows you to leverage the full functionality (mapping, routing, monitoring, ..) of the integration middleware PI The main functionality of the module is to properly integrate (preferrably synchronous) communication of content into the Clinical Order Process flow and to enable a seamless customizing. This framework is supposed to be suitable for a lot of scenariosa where Order Communication is required.

In the case of radiology i.s.h.med plays the role of a RIS and therefore is supposed to directly communicate with modalities, PACSes and the like. This is usually done using the DICOM protocol and DICOM messaging. i.s.h.med currently supports a number of useful DICOM messages, like worklist request, MPPS, SCN, Q/R. You may want to review the [i.s.h.med radiology documentation|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/9d/7777377976b157e10000009b38f889/content.htm] for further details.

Hope it helps and kind regards,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, All !

Can you tell me what is part of HCM called transceiver? Where can i download it?

Thank you for your help.

With best regards,

Telepko Pavel

bettina_lieske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the HCM transceiver is a combination of transmitter and receiver that needs to be installed on the partner system side.

You can find more information on the Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/healthcare. There choose "SAP for Healthcare in Detail" -> "Guides". At the bottom of this page you can find in the chapter Communication Guies the guide "Communication Guide for External System Partners (English)".

In this guide there is all the information about the transceiver.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bettina

0 Kudos

Bettina, thank you for your reply

i`m found manual "Instructions for Installing HCM Transceiver" in trans. "SPRO"

but...

anybody know ID of IS-H release cd ?

Regards,

Telepko Pavel

Edited by: Pavel Telepko on Aug 11, 2010 8:46 AM