cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Replication or Creation Locally in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am currently working on SRM 5.0 classic scenario. Backend system is ECC6.0.

Now, we are to configure the linking of another R/3 system SAP 4.6C version to communicate to the same SRM system. So, there would be 2 backend systems communicating with the same SRM system.

Now the issue is, the vendors have been already replicated from ECC6.0 to SRM system. It follows an internal number range from 0-99999.

Now, in the R/3 4.6C system, the vendor codes are internal from 0-8888. In this case, I understand that I wouldnot be able to replicate the vendors of this new system to SRM as there is an overlap of 8888 codes.

In such cases, I would have to setup local vendors i.e create vendors in SRM system (from the Manage Business Partner link in web page of SRM). Is there any mass upload program from a excel file for this application? Also, in this case, when I create a shopping cart, how will the system determine the backend vendor to create a PO as a followon document? Where or how is the linking between SRM local vendor codes to R/3 system done?

Also, do let me know in case anyone has any other solution to this issue of overlapping codes?

Points will be awarded for sure.

Thanks n Regards,

Ancy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please investigate the possibilities you have with txn BBPGETVD (mass load vendor tool). There are more options, look into the following replication options:

- Internal number assignment only

- If R/3 Number Assignment is not Possible: Internal Number Assignment

Back-end system determination is by default determined via product-category (IMG: 'define back-end system per product category'). There do are BADI's available to extend/change this behaviour with your own logic (f.e. vendor driven).

My main concern however would be 'how would one update an already replicated vendors which has an internal number range in SRM assigned: Please test ;-).

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the inputs. I'll check those options for BBPGETVD.

Regarding backend system, my question is not of how the backend system would be determined, but I wanted to know, if I define the vendor locally in SRM, in that case when a PO is made in R/3, how will the system decide which vendor code to pick?

Is there a standard way to maintain this linkage?

Thanks n Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

You can mantain the vendor back-end system reference details via the web transaction 'maintain business partners':

SRM Administration -> SRM Administration -> 'edit' a vendor from POWL -> tab 'supplier data' -> 'maintain link to back-end system'

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim.

Can you also let me know if it is possible for me to assign an internal SRM number range specific to vendors? As I understand, the internal number range is assigned to all business partners, it is not specific to vendors. So, can I create and assign a number range specific to vendors? If, yes, how do I do it?

Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

By standard the numberranges for business partners are split into two categories: External business partner, internal business partner.

I do not know a situation where seperate numberranges are used for different types of business partners however technically it is possibly. Whether it works very conveniently can be doubted.

Look into the following transactions (spro + Cross-Application Components + SAP Business Partner + Business Partner + Basic Settings + Number Ranges and Grouping/Business Partner Types):

1. Define Business Partner Types - create a new business partner type for your vendors

2. Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges - Assign the newly created business partner type

Note: You can only have 1 std. int grouping and 1 std. ext. grouping (defaults).

3. Via transaction BP -> Create vendor and assign your newly created grouping

Hope this helps, still i wouldn't reccomend/go with this.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your inputs.

I checked this and you are right about the fact that system allows only one internal number range assignment for all business partners.

Due to these problems, I have convinced the client to go ahead with internal number range (no separate range for the new backend vendors) for vendors. In the frontend, users can search the backend supplier using the backend vendor code in the "vendor" field.

Regds,

Ancy

Answers (0)